Photoshop

Dekka

Just try me..
For doing what? I found there was a big jump in changes from CS3 to CS4.. am just now not grumbling the whole time I use CS4. I also really Like Light Room for picture stuff.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Editing pictures. lol I'm not sure what you mean?

Do you know if Photoshop Elements 7 will convert from RAW?

So you like CS3 better than CS4? What do you not like about CS4?

Dekka

Just try me..
I mean what kind of things do you want to do.... If its a lot of photo manipulation (cloning things out etc..) then you def want Photoshop Cs whatever. If you want to fix colour balances, vignetting, red eye, dust removal etc then Light Room is where its at.

Not sure what Elements will do.. never used it. Its just that CS4 is different.. lol If you are not used to photoshop then it wouldnt' matter and I would say go for CS4 as that is the directions PS is likely going.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Wow, I can get a $600 discount since I'm a student! Woohoo for Photoshop CS4 Extended!!!

Thanks Dekka. It would be like removing things from photos, layering, and stuff like that. That regular photo editing software wouldn't do.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I think Elements can handle RAW format - if not I bet you can find a free plugin out there.
Elements is pretty good for most people who've never used Photoshop before. It is missing some stuff though, but the only way you'll likely miss it is if you've used it in another version and realize it isn't there. WAY back in the day I had PS4, and got a copy of Elements with my printer (or scanner... don't remember.) so I installed it on my sister's computer and my mom's computer. Sometimes they needed help with something and I would come over and be using Elements, and I would try to snag something and be like "....FFFFF it's not in Elements."
So basically, it's not as powerful, but if you aren't aware of what you're missing I doubt you'd have a problem with it. X3

I'm using CS2 right now, I think...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I like CS3 but I have no experience with the others. Definitely get it with a student discount if you can! I saved so much money by buying it through TAMU.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Can you even buy anything other than the newest version?

Not sure how much it is now, but I got the entire Creative Suite for $400 with a student discount.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I can buy Photoshop CS4 Extended for $299 with the student discount.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Can you even buy anything other than the newest version?

Not sure how much it is now, but I got the entire Creative Suite for $400 with a student discount.
Yeah, I have the Creative Suite and that's about rice for price. I only use photoshop, though.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bridge, Flash, Dreamweaver... It depends which version you get as to which programs are included.

Elements covers off 99% of my needs. I haven't bothered with CS4 because it's a little too costly to gain the extra 1% that I'd need. That being said, I've largely moved away from photoshop and have moved to lightzone for most of my editing for the simple reason I like the interface a lot better. It makes major edits much quicker. That said, it doesn't have all the features of Elements but I still prefer it.

Members online

No members online now.