brutus update and pics

Tenebrion

We had been ready for some months to get brute his final rabies shot and heart worm test. But, our vet retired, with no notice to us, the week he was scheduled for his exam. i get there.. and the office is now a "Cattery" I swear i heard brute snort.

In any case, we were worried as we had been quoted an amazing price for everything which was like 60$ for the test, shot/exam. We called Banfield Petsmart clinic.. they wanted 75$ for just the visit, 12$ for the shot with a 5$ disposal fee and then the heart worm test was about 55$ add on the meds depending on + or -.

We went to South side Animal Clinic. Saw a great old vet who had one heck of a humorous outlook on life. Brute got his blood test, got vita biscuits from all the female nurses who fell in love with his fuzzy butt. His heart worm test was Negative. Thank god. And he's on his preventative. All in all.. we spent 99$ for everything. that includes, test, visit, shot, tags and preventative. He did amazing! I was so proud. Only down side is he tried to eat some of the smaller animals that got loose and scrambled around. He was really interested in a crate full of chihuahua puppies who screamed and barked like there was no tomorrow.

In any case. For all your reading troubles. I have unlocked. Photos of him as a 4 month old puppy that i doubt i posted before.

When he was tiny he slept on the bed when we first got him.

The white sock thing is a toy i made him when he was little with one of my old shirts so he could chew it up and not hurt himself.. all he really did with it was chew and throw it around.

This is a picture of him when he was cuddled up in my serape that i got when i first came down, it is now, a permanent fixture in his kennel.

*one more*

Toller_08

I'm glad everything worked out well! He was an adorable puppy.

Question: Do ridgebacks as a breed tend toward high prey drive?
I know this wasn't directed toward me, but the three Ridgies I know are very prey driven. They are hounds, after all, and most hounds (if not all) have very high prey drive. :)

S

Squishy22

Ridgebacks were bred to hunt lions in africa, so I am assuming that they would have an enormous pray drive. A friend of mine had a ridgeback that she got rid of because she could not handle him. Tore the house and yard to pieces.

Members online

No members online now.