reactive dog?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Has anyone ever read...

Focus not fear
or
Scaredy Dog

They are books on reactive dogs that i am thinking about ordering off of amazon.com for Ruckus

elegy

overdogged
i have both of the ali brown books but i haven't read them yet. i've paged through both and they look very promising. scaredy dog is more of a "how to" book and focus not fear is a diary of classes illustrating how everything works in actual practice.

Angelique

I've found the word "reactive" is often used to candy-coat what is actually "aggressive" behavior in dogs.

It seems to be a blanket diagnosis some trainers and behaviorists pull out of their hat any time a dog is confused, insecure, or just plain spoiled.

A truly "reactive dog", meaning a dog who is chosing flight over fight, is one thing. A dog who claims space, disciplines humans, and moves into another being's space in order to "get them before they get me" is behaving in an aggressive manner.

IMO

Last edited:

lizzybeth727

An interesting opinion.

Sounds like you're not clear on the differences between "reactive" and "aggressive", and that's ok, the lines aren't exactly clear. There was a thread here a few weeks ago about the difference between aggressive and reactive, though, so hopefully none of us will have to rehash that discussion again.

Members online

No members online now.