Mark's Holly Bear

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
YAY a BERNER!!! :)

OMG she is just freaking cute and I think Purple is her true colour!!

Just beautiful!! :)
yeah I think she looks good in purple. Those are Hannah's old collar and leash we just brought them with when we picked her up because I had no idea what neck size she would be. We're going to get her more appropriate fitting collar and leash for classes. I can't wait to get started in puppy classes and obedience the woman said if Holly is appropriate she can also help me get involved in therapy (I mentioned I wanted to look into that). Holly's going for her puppy checkup tomorrow so I'll know how much she weighs. Plus she gets her final set of shots and wormed agian.

rij73

SO CUTE... An angel, definitely. In the last one, she looks like your daughter's stuffed animal! Your daughter is precious too, BTW!

OMG that puppy is gorgeous and sooooo adorable! I just want to cuddle it hehe! Berner = Bernese Mountain Dog, right?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
OMG that puppy is gorgeous and sooooo adorable! I just want to cuddle it hehe! Berner = Bernese Mountain Dog, right?
Yup, it's just easier to say and type out berner. She's a good little puppy we are so happy with her. She went to the vet's today for her shots and everything and she was so good. She has an ear infection so she had to get medicine put in her ear there and now at home for 2 weeks but other than that she's happy and healthy. She weighed 20 lbs today (oops, I figured she weighed like 25 lbs or a little over but that's ok). She had to get wormed and now she just needs one more distemper and she'll be all utd on shots (including rabies). I contacted the breeder and they said they would reimburse us for the ear medication because their vet said she was fine and the ear infection was obviously present when we picked her up.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
what's the name of the breeder you got her from?

psst.... she's a cutie putie sweetie pie!!!!
The guys name was Paul. They aren't into showing but they do work there dogs. The dogs had their health tests and passed and he showed me the paperwork and also copied it and sent a copy home with me. They were really nice people to deal with they were friendly and answered all my questions and then some plus asked me more questions than I can remember.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
:eek: That is too cute! She is soooo adorable. I've always wanted a BMD! :D
From what we have researched and from the couple days of experience they seem like good dogs. She's very mellow, and wants to make you happy. She does have a sort of independant personality and doesn't need to be entertained or played with constantly like Hannah does. The independence is a good thing though because I can get stuff done and not worry about ignoring her. If she needs attention she'll let me know but other than that she's content to just lay by my feet. If we do decide to get another berner after her we will more than likely look into a more reputable breeder who does show and everything just because of all the health concerns that go along with berners. We love her though and so so relieved that she is turning out to be a good puppy. I was so nervous that she would be too rambunctious with the kids or mouthy but she seems to know that she can't play like that with the kids.

PFC1

Welcome to the wonderful world of Berners. Having lived with ours now for a little over 3.5 years, I can't imagine having any other breed.

I saw your prior post looking for information on Berners. You probably know all of this now, but you can go to http://www.bmdca.org/pages/Bernese_Mountain_Dog_Info_Series.php for lots of information about BMDs, ranging from care to activities that they are well suited for.

For what its worth, you might want to start enforcing a no puppy on the furniture rule now while she is still small. Berners cherish their lap time with the owners, and as big a dog and you may not always want her coming up into your lap when you are sitting on the furniture. Ours knows not to get up on us when we are sitting on the furniture. But all bets are off when we sit on the ground.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Welcome to the wonderful world of Berners. Having lived with ours now for a little over 3.5 years, I can't imagine having any other breed.

I saw your prior post looking for information on Berners. You probably know all of this now, but you can go to http://www.bmdca.org/pages/Bernese_Mountain_Dog_Info_Series.php for lots of information about BMDs, ranging from care to activities that they are well suited for.

For what its worth, you might want to start enforcing a no puppy on the furniture rule now while she is still small. Berners cherish their lap time with the owners, and as big a dog and you may not always want her coming up into your lap when you are sitting on the furniture. Ours knows not to get up on us when we are sitting on the furniture. But all bets are off when we sit on the ground.
Thanks. I have that websited bookmarked and visit it often. We have actually started the no furniture rule a couple days after we got her. I started asking Mark to build stairs so she can get in and out of our bed:yikes: without having to jump! That's when Mark said no more sitting on the couch, or sleeping in the bed with us:( . She does love sitting in our laps though, if you get down on the floor she's all up in your lap.

She's just lovely, Julie! I don't know how I missed this thread . . .
Thanks! We do really love her I think that I have relaxed enough around her. I'm still so worried about losing another dog but I'm getting over that. Mark knows after what we paid for her that she is not going anywhere.

Members online