Grammy Golden Question

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
I have a Lab/ Golden mix at least that is what they thought he was he is one of the pups left of the litter I rescued (if you remember) any ways what are some of the Golden's traits?

He is so weird he is a true clown and always makes us laugh he is always jumping, and twirling and being goofy he tends to be dog aggressive not toward all other dogs though like all of our dogs Rocky and the kennel dogs he just loves and our neighbors have two dogs and he really likes them but there is this dog that lives down the road and he would love to just tear him apart he also tends to be really territorial and the funniest thing is he LOVES children eventhough we have none he will do what ever it takes to be around any kids within the area and he rather hang out with our niceces and nephews than us

Just was wondering about the Golden in him I don't know alot about the Golden and any I have been around were pretty dense (I am sure from poor breedings) because I know (or at least I have heard) they are great dogs

Any input would be appreciated;)

bubbatd

Sounds like most of his attitude is Lab. The children part is mostly Golden. Can anyone find Elin's post on the differences between Goldens and Labs ?? Goldens can seem " dense" ...They are very laid back and velcro dogs. The breeds are very similar with Labs being the clowns and sometimes going one step too far to prove a point.

wildwings811

I agree with that he is a real clown that sometimes takes things too far I had to really laugh yesterday because I was playing fetch with him with his favorite toy a frisbe which he has pretty chewed up and when he picked it up he got his nose stuck in the middle of it and was running around with it stuck on his nose and he just thought that was so great

wildwings811

Thats Ace for you he loves everyone, he is very loyal to us, and he loves to act like a clown and I know those are the funny Lab traits but the ones I was most concerned with and where they came from was the almost "obsession" with children and the tendency to be aggresive toward other dogs (not all other dogs just some)

Members online

No members online now.