Dognapping

lucille

I saw a lost notice today about a Shih Tzu puppy gone missing from a subdivision down the road from me.

I am thinking the next vet visit of microchipping, but I am just very careful when it comes to my dogs being outside, even though I have a large fenced yard.
When I am there in the house in the living room or kitchen they can be in the back yard, otherwise I take them out, stay with them and bring them in. I would never put them in the back yard and then leave my home.

Perhaps I am being over cautious but there is no doubt that for whatever reasons, there is dog theft.
And, even though dogs are members of our families, in general that sort of theft, unless the dog is extremely valuable, is seen as a misdemeanor property crime and trespass rather than the felonious kidnapping charge that would be levied against those who take people.

I was just sorry for the little Shih Tzu and his family...:(

I would go and get micro chipped, it wont harn your dog and its a great thing to have it may help with peice of mind

RD

Are you dead yet?
I worry often about having my Papillon stolen, even though I do live in a decent area where theft is rare. In the city I live near, however, I often hear of people's small, cute dogs being stolen from their backyards or their cars if they happen to leave them in the car while they are in a store.

Microchipping never hurts, and it could easily save your dog if anything were to happen. I'd definitely do it.

Are their any side effects to micro schipping I think about it often I am so nuerotic about my dogs. Rio went walked out the front door one day when it was open (Hubby did it) I yelled he came running back like mom whats wrong. I worry all the time.
RIosmommy

Members online

No members online now.