Kittens

joce

:rolleyes:

I love kitties-really I do.

But if I was to charge this crazy family next door for all the vet care and time I have put into there cat hoarding/breeding mess I would be comfy for a while.

One of the orange cats from the litter she gave me kittens from last year has been coming around but really skittish.She had liked this one so much she had said she was going to fix "him" so he could stay inside. I was hoping it was just worm belly cuz I didn't know if it was male or female. I heard they are moving so I was just going to let it go and see if maybe they took everyone with them.

Unloading the horses the other day from the trailer she decides to become super friendly and not want to leave. Acted scared to death of the horses but so badly wanted touched. Pick her up and she is skin and bones except for her giant belly.

Had her about a week now and she popped last night. Two oranges and three mostly black calicos.

So now I have six more cats I am going to have to pay to fix out of pocket. Oddly enough we are taking another one we got from her in to get fixed tomorrow so now I get to see if he can give me a package deal to beat our spay and neuter service.

At least I know they won't dump these or let them get killed. They have been supporting our local coyote population lately.

I still haven't found my good digi cam-starting to think someone might have stolen it out of my truck and I didn't realize it at the time because it is nowhere and I have a habit of leaving it unlocked. So phone pics it is.

So if anyone wants a kitten or knows anyone who wants one let me know! I usually just want forty bucks to go towards shots and alter. But honestly its been so hard to find homes lately I don't care;)

Mom is so sweet. She just wants to snuggle all the time and she deserves a great home.

She has issues with the litter box though. Maybe its cuz she was pregnant but she usually goes in it but sometimes goes right outside it. and then will scoop out litter to cover it up! I have been buying bigger and bigger boxes and I think it doesn't get any bigger now. Any hints? Its nothing horrible since at least she tries but its gonna be hard to find her a home like that!

mjb

There has to be something bothering her about the box or litter, but I sure can't imagine what. She obviously knows what to do but isn't comfortable doing it. The only time mine went outside the box was once I got a new box with a lid, and the skittish kitty would have nothing to do with it, and another time my other cat was going in blankets, etc., he had a urinary tract infection.

The mama's face looks very sweet. She looks like she would enjoy lots of loves.

UTi comes to mind... im assuming shes not declawed (that can do it too) she could also just be reeeeally confused still... will she use it at all? If so treat it just like a potty training thing with a dog...click/treat.

good luck finding homes...your going to need it.

Maxy24

You are such a good person. I don't really know what else to say, you are really saving these animals lives, otherwise they might just form a feral population and as you said become coyote food. That's a large litter for a cat too.

Neko has gone right beside the box before but only if I did not clean it as often as I should. She might not like the litter, some are picky about granule size and if the litter is scented (like Fresh Step) they might not like it.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Thank you for saving these guys!

Her not goin gin her boxx could be for any number of reasons. She may have had a hard time pooping and it hurt and she associated the pain with the box. Same goes for a UTI. She may want a covered box (Wierd, but some kitties like privacy) .. You may have a covered box and she doesnt like it. It could be the litter you are using...She is used to "going" wherever she wants. So maybe she doesnt know she should be "going" INSIDE the box. All she knows is that she needs to cover it up to hide its sent and keep predators away, Therefore, she goes beside the box and covers it. It could be anyones guess really.

joce

She goes in it most of the time-I haven't seen her go out of it, but I am almost thinking she is just real messy and then thinks she can go wherever the litter is. She kicks so much out she might just get confused. I'll have to try one with a top and see if it helps. Shes got all her claws. I would bet shes been through a ton though.

I was going to wait till the kittens were ready for first shots to take her into the vet cuz god knows she hasn't had any. I guess I am used to taking dogs in and parvo is probably more contagious than cat illnesses? Our vet said he'd work out a deal to vet all six but hasn't given us a number. I am still thinking the neuter scooter type thing might be cheaper though with this many.

Its no problem now cuz moms doing all the work with the kittens:p She is great. In seven weeks or so that will be a different story!

Adrienne

Awwww. I wish I could help you by taking one but my mom is allergic so one is all she can tolerate at my house. However, if I ever want her to stop coming around I know where to go. Good luck with them Joce and please give us updated pics when you can!

joce

The five kittens and mom are doing great. Mom has an appointment to get fixed on the 29th. They are so cute!

But on top of that the neighbors finally moved and left 11 kittens and three other adult cats. I don't have the money and barely have the time to take care of this many! Food and litter isn't the issue-getting them all fixed is. and no one wants kittens. Good homes anyway.

We found seven at first. Then found the others just a couple days ago. They were bad. One died(may have been fleas/lack of food since it didn't have the crusty eyes) and two others have bad eye/respiratory infections. My brother got attached to one young one and we spent 160 at the vet just checking it out(darn my vet for being on vacation cuz he would have told him to relax and it would be fine!) and giving it some fluids.

Now I am stressed because the two sick black ones are not getting better. So do I take them in and pay enough to get three or four of them fixed to save two that may never be healthy? Or do I just get them put down? I knows its risking the others getting sick and its making me sick thinking of putting them down.

I found a rescue that is helping me get six of them in at a reduced rate of 10$ but it is only for six and then back up to 40$. So three adults and three of the oldest/largest kittens will be done on the 29th. I am so glad I found that help but I have called everywhere and even the rescue I foster for can't help.

Why can't people just fix their cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kittens are cute but no one wants cats! I didn't need one more let alone this many. Part of me is glad she left them since this means these poor cats will get fixed,but I still want to strangle them. The females still outside(cuz there is no where else to put them in here) are already pregnant again but will hopefully not pop by the 29th.

If anyone knows of any rescues or fosters that have room let me know. Or if you know anyone wanting a kitten/cat. I will get pics up tomorrow if I get a chance.

Members online

No members online now.