Traveler has some stomach issues again....

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
she has had several bouts of diarrhea today--and I just am not sure of why. She had the one bout back in Jan--but I know what caused that. This time I have no idea--and I am really wanting to avoid this occurring again! For now, should I not feed her at all--or try a little bit of pumpkin? I am thinking she could use some pedialyte to keep her hydrated. She definitely wants to eat-but I haven't given her anything. I will contact the vet tomorrow--but any thoughts or suggestions here?

ACooper

I wouldn't give her anything..........let her digestive track evacuate all the contents first. THEN maybe go the pumpkin route.

I would think some pedialyte couldn't hurt anything, only help.

((((((HUGS))))) and face licks to you Trav old girl, hope you feel better soon.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I wouldn't give her anything. Make sure the water is available to her though and check her regularly to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. :)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
thanks for your suggestions ladies---she got worse through the night, but the vet prescribed some meds--and she hasn't had a bout since earlier today. I am hoping that means she is starting to recover. I just don't know what to attribute this to (she didn't see the vet--just picked up the meds). If she doesn't rebound, then I will take her in tomorrow. Poor girl--she has me very worried since I have no idea why this happened.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
What was wrong with her the first time? When Uncle Fred had Giardia and Amebic Dysentary, his diarrhea kept periodically recurring for months until we finally eradicated it all. We kept retreating with Flagyl. I used to think it would never stop.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
the first episode happened back in Jan. when I foolishly gave her a big "treat" bone (not a real bone--but a doggie treat)--it was not a good thing to give a 12 year old dog! Caused big time stomach issues and diarrhea--cleared it up with an emergency vet visit (IV, stomach rest, then meds)---but now this is very similar but without a known cause. So I really don't know what to make of it. :(

Members online

No members online now.