Filas

Please, please, please tell me more about them. Stories, pictures, the bad things, the good things, etc.

In all honestly, I know that I'm in no position to own one and probably won't for a lot of years, but I do really like them.

I only met two Filas in the past. They were not to friendly at all.
That's what you should always expect from a Fila ;)

Kharma is HEAVILY socialized, from the time I brought her home. She's as close to bulletproof as a dog can get, but rarely do Filas get that much time in public. It's given her a solid basis for understanding human actions and excellent instincts, as well as an understanding of how to communicate with us, plus we are so tuned to each other that we don't even have to look at each other to "read."

The real heart of living with a Fila is something that no one believes until they do -- IF they are open to it -- and that is the bond that is beyond any other. I never would have given it credence either, until living with Filas.

And then there's the intelligence. Whole different sort. Inductive and deductive reasoning is a factor, as is full comprehension of cause and effect -- and the will to use it to their own (and sometimes your) benefit.

They are cunning and clever, devious, charming, and they have a warped and truly twisted sense of humor.

i love the stories you tell about Kharma. I'm fairly certain I couldn't live with a dog with her reasoning skills since I like to believe I'm that smart one in the group. lol.

filarotten

Fila the love
:rofl1:If your lost and/or confused...don't attempt to get one.:D:rofl1::rofl1:

Brutus has been socialized, beyond socialized. He can tolerate about anything. However, that does not mean he loves everyone, because he does not, nor does he trust everyone. But, he still has a weakness for RED HEADS. he would be such a ladies man if he were human. I can take him anywhere, but he is the only of mine that I can do that with.

Titus on the other hand, is very snarky. Although he has been socialized heavily when he was little, he is not as polite as his dad.

Filas are sneaky, conniving, cunning, manipulative, devious, and pretty much everything Renee has said. Gosh, I love these dogs!!!!!

I only hope when I am old, they create a miniature Fila so I can still have one. :D:D:D One that fits in my purse...Oh my gosh that could be so much fun.:D A purse that bites. I would never have to worry about a purse snatcher.

Last edited:
I know, lol. I so need to take some more, of all three of mine :)

I'm dog sitting this weekend, and am going to try to remember to take my camera. Dina has four Rat Terrier puppies . . . and two little refugees she's taken in . . . . .

a pair of BASSET PUPPIES!!!!

Nix is there too, since it's not a show weekend, and Thunder is hanging around the house.

Members online

No members online now.