Promise ring for men

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mike and I's one year "anniversary" is coming up and I'd like to get him a ring. A month or two ago he hinted that he wouldn't mind having one, and the other day I was being silly and tied a black twist tie around one of his fingers...and he hasn't taken it off yet. LOL He had a bit too much to drink last night and told me that he hoped he would one day have a ring a bit more permanent than the twist tie (but that he liked the black color :rofl1:) and since I was already thinking about getting him a ring, I figured our first anniversary would be a good of a time as any.

So. Anyone know of a nifty black/black design ring that I should look in to? Preferably something not very expensive...as in, under $50. I was thinking something like this:

Or this:

Also, sizing? How the heck do I figure out his ring size? Steal the twist tie he's currently wearing? :p Or is there just an "average" size I should get?

Lyzelle

Oooh! That first one is really nice!

When I got my DH one (back when we were still only engaged) I arranged for me to be unavailable one day and for my girlfriends to take him around shopping and entertaining him. I made sure one stop was at a nifty little Hippy store that stole cheap titanium rings. They had him try them on "for fun"(along with shirts and other things to keep suspicion low), and reported his ring size back to me. He never suspected a thing. :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I really like the first one, too, but all of the reviews I've found say the cable frays after a bit and comes off. :-( So some others I'm looking at:

Something that's durable is really important...I don't want him to have to take it off every time he needs to work on something.

Measure it with string while he sleeps? ;) LOL
He'd probably wake up. LOL

I asked a good friend of mine (that was his roommate for a year) and his best friend if they knew his ring size, and no dice. Drats. Unfortunately, he's not the kind of guy I can send out on a shopping trip and have him try on things "just for fun". That in and of itself would be suspicious. lol

Members online

No members online now.