What will you name your next dog?

candy722

What will you name your next dog if you do get one? I was thinking about something cute that will sort of rhyme with TOki but I can't think of one. Imnot getting a puppy but just thinking of the future. hehe

joce

I'm not sure! If its another dobe probally something that starts with lady because byrons first part of his name is lord. Is lady the opposite of that.

They usually just pop in my head when I see the dog though :D

I've told Charley that when Kharma has pups, the female with the hardest temperament is going to be named Lucretia, for the old Blood Sweat and Tears song, "Lucretia MacEvil." :D

Saje

Island dweller
We always try and help our animals pick their name. Mostly because they came from the shelter. My bf makes all kinds of sounds and whichever they react to we pick a name close to that.

Maverick didn't react to anything so we kept the name he had at the shelter.

Debi

we'd pick another German name. Hamlin didn't get a German name cause he is a GSD......but because of our German heritage. lol Hence...sweet Addie...aka Adeline. :D

I don't know what I would name a dog if I got another one, but I do like these names: for a female- Shara or Tea`
for a male- Beau or Sirius

Blondie

I wanted to name Blondie Harry or Taylor but nobody around the house liked those names so that's why he got named that. I didn't want to give him a Spanish name and that was the translation to what we wanted him to be :p

If we have another dog, I'd name him Harry or Taylor if it's a male (I'm stubborn) and Arwen for a female. ;)

This has nothing what so ever to do with the subject, but seeing the name Arwen reminded me of the LOTR movie. And I came up with this thing about if the charactors where dogs, what breed would they be. Here is what I came up with:

Aragorn-Rottweiler
Legolas- Doberman
Gimli- Bulldog
The Hobbits- any type of feisty terrier
Gandalf- an Irsh Wolfhound

lol so if I get a Rottie his name will have to be Aragorn. ;) :D

Blondie

Oh right! If I get some kind of weird looking dog, I can name him Gollum then! I was also thinking I could name one Draco if he's blond and mean ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I let my mom name Victor...she seemed bound and determined to come up with a name and seemed to be enjoying the process...and the bonus was she is his babysitter! I thought it might endear her to his over active self! Old boss said avoid names that sound like no...find a name that carries well..He had two labs named Nip and Tuck that won the nationals. he started his kennel in 1935.

Saje

Island dweller
Rose's Gal said:
I don't know what I would name a dog if I got another one, but I do like these names: for a female- Shara or Tea`
for a male- Beau or Sirius
You inadvertantly flattered me cuz my real life name is Shara. Unless you think it's only appropriate for a dog. In which case. :p

LOL

On my dog's AKC I always see a bunch of long weird name so for my next dog, I wanna name him something like. Jon's Little Duke Wilmighton of Wilshire Mate. Ill probably call him will.

candy722

Originally I wanted to name my dog Sony instead of TOki. I just though it sounded cool and I love Sony products. But my bf won't let me and i had to change it since he was the one who got me Toki. I sort of regret naming him Toki because every keeps on calling him Toby or Pookie. I always have to correct someone. :(

Blondie said:
Oh right! If I get some kind of weird looking dog, I can name him Gollum then! I was also thinking I could name one Draco if he's blond and mean ;)
LOL!!!! Wouldn't that be funny if there was a blond dog that had an attitude named Draco!!! LOL!!!

Saje- I LOVE the name Shara. Everybody thinks I'm really weird because I don't want to give my dogs names like Buddy, or Fru Fru, or whatever. I think that is really neat that your real name is Shara.

I might just have to name my dogs characters I really like in my videogames, books and movies!! (Oh and I forgot. I also like the names Skye and Duke :D )

Saje

Island dweller
Rose's Gal said:
LOL!!!! Wouldn't that be funny if there was a blond dog that had an attitude named Draco!!! LOL!!!

Saje- I LOVE the name Shara. Everybody thinks I'm really weird because I don't want to give my dogs names like Buddy, or Fru Fru, or whatever. I think that is really neat that your real name is Shara.

I might just have to name my dogs characters I really like in my videogames, books and movies!! (Oh and I forgot. I also like the names Skye and Duke :D )
My mom is a cat person and her last few cats have had people names. Bobby (half manx with stubby tail), Oscar and Isabel. People always thought that was strange. I don't know there names suit them. Fat Bob, Oscar Meyer Weiner Boy, and Little Izzie (She's the fattest cat ever! My mom won't listen)

hmmmm....how about Mr. bojangles? haha but i really like the name roxy but im not going to name any other dog that becuase only roxy can have the name roxy. it sounds like a tomboy name. and surprisingly, when roxy grew up she grew into a tomboy. :~:i taught her my ways:~: haha

edit: oh yeah but its not like im going to be getting a dog anytime soon

Members online

No members online now.