What kind of dog is this??

Y

yuckaduck

BigDog2191 said:
Yup, and he was an American Bulldog. :)

It looks pitti that is all that matters. If it was born and raised in Ontario, it would be allowed-muzzled and leashed in public. If not born and raised in Ontario then it would not be allowed.

The law includes anything that looks pittie including mixes, am staffs, am bulls, mastiffs, etc...

I am not here to fight or argue with anyone just stating the stupid good for nothing law.

Y

yuckaduck

Here is a direct quote taken from the law that has been pushed through. This is not my opinion

""The ban makes it illegal to breed pit bulls in Ontario or bring the dogs into the province. Dogs already in Ontario are allowed to stay as long as they are sterilized, leashed and muzzled in public.

Registered purebreds are exempt from sterilization as long as they continue to participate in authorized dog shows.

Puppies born after Nov. 27, 2005 must be shipped out of the province, given to a research facility or destroyed.

Ontario breeders argue the ban violates breeders' constitutional rights. Hundreds of supporters of pit bull-type dogs gathered in front of the provincial legislature to protest on Sunday.

Other supporters, including the American Staffordshire Club of Canada, say that Ontario's law is so vague and unscientific that it will affect many animals that shouldn't be banned.

The law forbids Staffordshire bull terriers, American Staffordshire terriers, American pit bull terriers and any other dog with "an appearance and physical characteristics substantially similar to any of those dogs."

Last year, Ontario's attorney general Michael Bryant introduced the ban after a spate of vicious attacks on children, adults and pets by pit bulls.

In a widely-reported case, Toronto police fired more than a dozen bullets into two pit bulls that had turned on the man who was walking them as a favour for a friend. In another in London, Ont., a woman and her seven-year-old son watched in horror as a pit bull latched onto her husband's arm as he tried to keep the family puppy out of the dog's reach.

While some breeders are fighting the ban, others are leaving the province.

"It means I'm going to be moving out of Ontario," said Ann Mathews. Mathews has been breeding purebred American Staffordshire terriers for seven years. "It means I'll be leaving my three grandchildren, my five children and moving to a province that isn't so arrogant and isn't so stupid about the laws.""

RD

Are you dead yet?
That is one of the worst heads I have ever seen on a boxer!

Twilight

Boxer Rescue
American Bulldog pups do look like boxer mixes
They are lovely dogs, but there tends to be alot of variation when it comes to there 'wrinkledness' (if thats even a word lol) some of them can look just like boxers but a little larger, when others can look just like English bulldogs but twice the size,
they are gorgeous dogs, there are 2 at the top of my street, one of which is oly 3 months old and is exactly the same as the first pic posted, but a different colour

Deffinately an American Bulldog. it is NOT a boxer

Old Dog

Ol'Dogger
What is known as an American bulldog or mix there of. Can't see the boxer at all head is wrong. Check out some American bulldogs sites.

Twilight

Boxer Rescue
American Bulldog Puppy

White Boxer Puppy

they are very similar, but the dog on the first page is an american bulldog

Boxers also have a sconce on the top of there head when they are puppies (or a cone head lol)
American bulldogs dont have that

panzer426

well, I see it is solved but I was going to say am bulldog or am bulldog mixed with boxer. on the other note I was speaking to someone on another site who almost had their american bulldog taken away because it looked pit bullish. they said they showed them the dogs registration papers, had to show them to a judge, and proved that it was a pure bred american bulldog, not a pit bull or mix and they were allowed to keep it. said they had to pay the court fees just because some animal control guy thought it looked like a pit bull. that law sucks.

Y

yuckaduck

panzer426 said:
well, I see it is solved but I was going to say am bulldog or am bulldog mixed with boxer. on the other note I was speaking to someone on another site who almost had their american bulldog taken away because it looked pit bullish. they said they showed them the dogs registration papers, had to show them to a judge, and proved that it was a pure bred american bulldog, not a pit bull or mix and they were allowed to keep it. said they had to pay the court fees just because some animal control guy thought it looked like a pit bull. that law sucks.

Yes it does suck but in Ontario it is any look alike and if you read the post with the quote in it you will see am bulldogs are part of the ban here. She would have lost her dog here if it was a new dog.

R

rottiegirl

Why the pit ban is so vague...

The reason why the ban is in effect on other breeds that look like pit bulls is because pits come in many different shapes and sizes. Breeders dont have a breed standard. Pits range from 40 to 130 pounds!

panzer426

I dont know if it was a new dog or not. I dont even know if she was telling the truth or not, and I didnt mean to argue with you, just sharing what she said. said they removed the dog and kept it for 2 or 3 weeks until her court date when she showed that it wasnt a pit bull, then she had to pay the court fees and another fee to get her dog back. so I assume she had the dog before the ban took efect? I dont know...like I said she could have made the whole thing up?

Members online

No members online now.