chew lotta's

angelz

Does any one have a recipe for anything like the chew lotta treats made by Meaty Bones. I have a chocolate lab who loves them and they are very expensive. I would like to try and make something for her that is equal to them.

noludoru

Bored Now.
"Chew lottas" are actually very unhealthy for your dog - their ingredients are very bad. Probably the nicest thing I can say about them is that they are "questionable."

ground wheat, grain sorghum, animal fat (bha used as a preservative), beef and bone meal, meat by-products, salt, sodium tripolyphosphate, cracked wheat, caramel color, animal plasma, beef, potassium sorbate (used as a preservative), natural smoke flavor, red 40, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), vitamins (vitamin e supplement, vitamin a supplement, niacin supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin d3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin b12 supplement)
They're as cheap and disgusting as they come for treats - hell, there's more SALT than there is cracked wheat or beef!

All the ingredients that are in red are bad for your dog -- google them or go to The Dogfood Project to learn more about them. The "meat by products" and anything that says "animal" can contain 4D (dead, diseased, dying, diabled) animals that weren't slaughtered before being used, so they can be roadkill or euthanized animals form pets offices.

Members online

No members online now.