Bear Pictures

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Yes, Bear sure is a cutie. But do you think good tail set is important in Scotties? I thought there was a good reason why Scotties and most other true terriers have gay tails.

R

RedyreRottweilers

I don't think any breeder of Scotties would be breeding a dog who carries a down tail. This is an eliminating fault in the ring, regardless of what the standard says.

A Scottie without a good tail does not get another look. Since this is an inherited characteristic, I could not think why anyone would breed a dog like that?

Dekka

Just try me..
He is very cute and has a darling expression.

Does he always stand like this (looked like it in the previous pic too)? I would be worried that he is so sickle hocked he might not stay sound. If it is normal you might want to ask your grandma if she had any like this and what she did to keep them sound into old age.

Giny

Oh my, what a cute puppy. Is he a Scottie? I've never seen a cream one before, if that's what breed he is. So pretty!

ETA...oops just read the other threads, which I should have done before, and got my answer....sorry.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Thanks everyone.

Dekka- In that picture you quoted, he just stands like that when he waits. Its not how he normally stands. Also his legs/feet have long hair so that might be why his feet look funny.

Dekka

Just try me..
The shot before this where he seems to be walking he is very down in his hocks. (just to state I am not 'dissing' your pup. This comes from HONEST concern about the sweet little guy) It not just him waiting.

I added some lines to show what I am talking about. Its not hair.

His hock is very close to the ground. If he was just standing under himself his back would not be nearly level. The other hind hock is also almost touching the ground.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I see what your saying. :)

Mmmm... I have never noticed his hocks before being that low. Right now he is standing and his hocks look NOTHING like they do in that picture you quoted.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Dak, I would still suggest taking him to the vet and having that checked out. Even if he doesn't do it all the time there may be something wrong, I have never seen a totally healthy dog stand like that at all. If there is something you can do to strengthen his legs now, you should definitely, definitely consider it. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Thanks PWC.

He has a vet appointment in 2 weeks for a shot (i forgot which one, *sad face*) so we will deff. get his legs checked out.
Hopefully its not serious or maybe its just something he does, or maybe its something that can't be reversed or fixed.
I am just thinking outloud.

Dekka

Just try me..
it could be a weakness that with some exercises might help. I am sure its nothing too serious, just want him be as healthy as possible :) (so you he can spend a looooong time together)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
It doesn't affect him running around, jumping around, bouncing everywhere, going up/down stairs, sleeping or anything else.
His legs, back and shoulders don't hurt when I touch him or lay him on his back or snuggle with him.

I hope its nothing serious either.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
That's good. I would print out that picture to take in since he doesn't walk like that all the time, so the vet knows what you are talking about.

Members online

No members online now.