GENOCIDE!
WAR!
HUNGER!
SICKNESS!
TERRORISM!
MASS SHOOTINGS!
SLAVERY!!!!

I can't deal with people today.

Not agreeing with Obamacare is your opinion.
Thinking it's the worst thing to happen in a country that has killed and bought/sold people like livestock makes you an asshole.

And let me be exceptionally clear.. people aren't calling you an asshole because you are a republican.
PEOPLE ARE CALLING YOU AN ASSHOLE BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE
Seriously.

The next person to walk into the pharmacy I work at that's closing and says "Oh, it's because of Obamacare right?" I'm going to scream.

No, it's not.

It's because of people like you that are coming in right now for clearances after not coming in for years because you went to mail order or because that Walgreens was 30 seconds closer to your house.

It's because the drug companies and insurance companies are in bed together.

It's because big box store pharmacies don't make any money, price themselves low enough to put the independents out of business because they know the people shopping while they wait will make up everything they loose in the pharmacy part.

It's because of people being more than happy to come in and take an hour of my time while I help you one on one to come up with a solution for your elderly parents to have you turn around and say "thanks, I'll go buy that online."

You know what Obamacare does do? It gives me insurance and allowed me to buy drugs from the pharmacy when I was sick.

I don't care WHAT You think about Obama or Obamacare, but stop trying to commiserate with me over things you don't understand and stop trying to blame Obama for everything.

Though, I did trip on the way to work today. THANKS OBAMA.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I don't care WHAT You think about Obama or Obamacare, but stop trying to commiserate with me over things you don't understand and stop trying to blame Obama for everything.

Though, I did trip on the way to work today. THANKS OBAMA.
:rofl1:

Saeleofu

You know what Obamacare does do? It gives me insurance and allowed me to buy drugs from the pharmacy when I was sick.
Exactly this. If it wasn't for the Affordable Care Act, I would have lost insurance 2 years ago. Instead I'm just now losing it, and hopefully (if they ever get my identity verified so I can look at options >.<) I'll only have to go 2 months without insurance.

Saeleofu

So, I'm replying to the "Veterinary Assistant Jobs" thread, and I just keep realizing how much I got screwed over and taken advantage of and really practically abused at times, and it's seriously pissing me off. It's been a couple months since I left, but ****, that was SUCH a waste of 7 years. The more I think about it the angrier I get. Like the time he decided that if we worked overtime, he'd just rearrange the days the week started to get rid of the overtime. That went on for YEARS until it was finally set straight...and by that time the overtime pay I had lost was gone for good.

I'm so glad I'm out of there.

SoCrafty

Just want to chime in and say that my insurance offered at work has had a premium increase, out of pocket increase, deductible increase, base benefit decrease in addition to a tax for having it. I'm not enjoying what I am experiencing as part of the ACA.

I'm all for having affordable health care for all but it really sucks that I have to pay more out of pocket. If I get sick and have to go in the hospital - I am going to be financially responsible for more than I would have prior to ACA. I don't even know what they've cut out of our coverage yet until I see the benefit book. But that's just the info released far.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Just want to chime in and say that my insurance offered at work has had a premium increase, out of pocket increase, deductible increase, base benefit decrease in addition to a tax for having it. I'm not enjoying what I am experiencing as part of the ACA.

I'm all for having affordable health care for all but it really sucks that I have to pay more out of pocket. If I get sick and have to go in the hospital - I am going to be financially responsible for more than I would have prior to ACA. I don't even know what they've cut out of our coverage yet until I see the benefit book. But that's just the info released far.

I am going to have to drop my and my kids coverage due to premium increases. The kids will go back on medicaid (thank god for that as Calebs meds are thousands a month) And I will now be penalized at tax time because I cant afford to pay the premiums and will now be uninsured.

I dont know what the answer is but this is not working.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Last night I dreamt I was pregnant.

With twins.

I was halfway to work before I simultaneously remembered the dream and realized it was just a dream. Whew.

Saeleofu

I am going to have to drop my and my kids coverage due to premium increases. The kids will go back on medicaid (thank god for that as Calebs meds are thousands a month) And I will now be penalized at tax time because I cant afford to pay the premiums and will now be uninsured.

Have you checked yet if you're eligible for an exemption from the tax penalty? There are TONS of exceptions, and if you make little enough that your kids are on medicaid, you should qualify for an exemption. It's NOT a blanket "No insurance, pay a fee!" type thing at all.

I for one am happy about it because otherwise there's NO WAY I would have insurance next year. My state isn't expanding medicaid, so though I would be eligible for medicaid elsewhere, I'm not in my state. I work part time and my job doesn't offer benefits, so nothing there. And I turn 26 in 2 weeks, so I lose coverage from my parents (I would have lost coverage 2 years ago if it wasn't for the ACA).

My parents' health insurance premiums are going down (and not because I'm no longer covered - my brother is still covered, and the premium is the same for 1 kid or 10 kids).

I think there's a lot of "I have a vague idea of maybe what's happening sort of and I hate Obama so I'm going to dramatize it and rely on rumors instead of actually doing research and finding out the facts" going around everywhere. NOT just Chaz, but EVERYWHERE.

My ACA vent, though, is that it's taking FOREVER to actually sign up for the marketplace. Grrrr. My identity still isn't verified.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have a feeling if I don't get another job before next year I'm going to end up dumped onto ACA. Benefits is supposed to be "part" of my salary but my benefits aren't that awesome, and I got notification that my plan is ending next year and my employer is supposed to be working with them on a new plan... I'm just predicting we'll end up with ACA. And probably will only find out like... at Christmastime. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I'm just hoping for something better to come along and not have to worry about it really. Something that includes dental would be awesome!

I do know there's some good stuff coming from it. I don't believe it's perfect. But I also do not believe health care should be a privilege.

I've been thinking for a few weeks that I need to hit up my friend and go have lunch with him or something. But I'm busy and let stuff get in the way. I finally just sent him a message trying to see if we can do lunch some day, and it really just hit me how much I miss him. I miss working with him and seeing him every day. It blows.
UGH I miss so many of them. Like it hurts physically.

On a related topic my job at the station is posted AGAIN. This means they have gone through three people (that I know of) since I left. Wow guys. Maybe there's a reason people keep quitting. You think? Maybe you should have just paid me more and kept me. You think??

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
https://www.healthcare.gov/how-can-...-and-savings-on-marketplace-health-insurance/

says to use the keiser family foundation calculator. found here

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

according to this , I will have to pay 14,000 or so a year in premiums with something like 2000 in deductables.

right now i pay 2500.00 a year thru my employer with the word around the yard is that will be doubling in the new year. while 5000 is cheaper than 14,000 . i cant afford either. It also point out the tax this year will be 95.00 and will increase to 695 by 2014. per person.

and no expanded medicaid here either.

i really am stumped as what would be the best to do and am trying to educate myself as much as possible.

noludoru

Bored Now.
My vent? My mental health SUCKS. I'm swinging between 'so depressed I can't get out of bed' and only reading/browsing the web is keeping me distracted, to 'so depressed I'm contemplating hurting myself and/or other things.'

It's not like it was two years ago, I actually realize I can be happy and can remember the times that I was happy and that keeps me from going "well, I'm just going to slit my wrists now" and instead I go out for a walk or take something to make me sleep. But realistically, how much longer can I stand meds not working!? I've got a docs appointment and I'm going to bring up a couple things, but there is no easy or quick fix. And it seems like everything I try stops working after 3 months.

Oh, and if someone I'm not going to name wants to get all sanctimonious on me and tell me life is worth living, seriously, go **** yourself. I have you on ignore. Do us all a favor and put me on ignore, too.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
The issue is not me thinking that obamacare doesn't have problems/people shouldn't disagree with it.

THE ISSUE IS THAT, regardless of your problems with it, it is NOT the worst thing to ever happen to this country (which is something I keep seeing ALL OVER FACEBOOK and my school)
Sorry.
It's messing with a few of my payments too still not gonna say it's worse than the hoards of true tragedies this country has faced.

that's the point.

My vent? My mental health SUCKS. I'm swinging between 'so depressed I can't get out of bed' and only reading/browsing the web is keeping me distracted, to 'so depressed I'm contemplating hurting myself and/or other things.'

It's not like it was two years ago, I actually realize I can be happy and can remember the times that I was happy and that keeps me from going "well, I'm just going to slit my wrists now" and instead I go out for a walk or take something to make me sleep. But realistically, how much longer can I stand meds not working!? I've got a docs appointment and I'm going to bring up a couple things, but there is no easy or quick fix. And it seems like everything I try stops working after 3 months.

Oh, and if someone I'm not going to name wants to get all sanctimonious on me and tell me life is worth living, seriously, go **** yourself. I have you on ignore. Do us all a favor and put me on ignore, too.
I sadly have no life brightening words of advice that will lift your spirits and remind you of the joys of skipping through fields of dandelions naked with flowers in your hair because other people have it worse (so of course, you can't be depressed) and of course something I say (because I know everything about your life and brain) will help you see the light and joy in the world and lift you out of your depression!

Did the same thing with my friend with the flu last week. A few inspirational quotes and told her about starving kids in africa who have it worse and then BOOM! CURED!

jokes aside, that blows and I hope it gets better soon.
(internet hugs)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
This month has done almost everything it can to **** me over.

I want a do over. Or better yet...not have had this month happen. I want to skip to the end.

Lyzelle

I've been there, and I'm sorry that's where you are. I hope your doctor finds something that works, and that you feel better soon. I know it sucks to go through trial and error with meds. Super redhead hugs. <3

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug

((hugs))

i wish i could say or do something to make it all better, but i can't and that makes me sad.

I'm pretty low right now. Some stuff happened and I'm trying to deal with it. I hurt and it's no one's fault, it's the fault of a situation i entered into willingly knowing the risks. It's my own fault really, but not really, if that makes sense. It's not even that bad, i'm not losing anyone, it's just changing.

I'm at a point where my good days are more than my bad, but my bad days feel pretty bad and I know because of today that they're going to increase in number most likely... There's only so much I can do and tell myself to make myself not go there. I've decided I'm going to start looking for a therapist again. I want to do something and I'm over feeling like seeking out help is showing weakness.

Members online

No members online now.