The Venting Thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I just feel really, really down. No point going into details and I don't feel like there is anyone I can talk to about it so I just wanted to be able to say that I feel upset and sad. At least I have gotten that out there lol.
If you want I am always willing to listen. I know my public chaz persona is not of perfection but when it comes to private matters I know how to listen and commisserate and not give and opinion unless asked. So if you really need to unload I will listen :). Just putting that out there

Otherwise (((hugs)))

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
If you want I am always willing to listen. I know my public chaz persona is not of perfection but when it comes to private matters I know how to listen and commisserate and not give and opinion unless asked. So if you really need to unload I will listen :). Just putting that out there

Otherwise (((hugs)))
Mine either but I am always willing to listen to others problems, & I can kinda sorta relate ... I have been for some reason, slow to bounce back after Being so ill for almost two weeks. I too have that "down in the dumps" feeling, it's better now that the sunshine has come back, but I still feel "blah".

Torch

I have to go back to work today after 4 days at training out of town, despite the fact that I'll be over hours about halfway through the day, had a four hour drive to get home last night, and the roads here are terrible and icy.

Gee thanks, boss lady.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Migraine brewing first thing this morning. I'm considering hitting the migraine meds but the idea of putting that Maxalt in my mouth and letting it dissolve is making me feel nauseous (it tastes disgusting.)

And I'm about to jump on yet another conference call. I told my co-workers I feel so bad that I'm forever on the phone with these calls, day after day after day, and can't help them out with stuff. They told me not to feel bad and right now it's okay, they can spare me, and if it gets to the point that they CAN'T spare me they will push the issue of getting an extra person in here to help out. But I still feel bad... =/

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I should not be allowed to handle sharp objects.

The other day I cut myself with scissors. Whatever.

Today, within the first two hours at work, I managed to stab myself with two different needles. The first one was a small guage, so even thought I peirced through the flesh of my finger it only hurt for a bit and it didn't bleed after the initial OUCH factor. The second was a large guage needle and I jabbed it straight into my thumb. Not only did it bleed like a stuck pig, the top of my thumb is now all bruised and tender. And I never realized how much I use my thumb until it hurts to use it. Ow.

At least both the needles were sterile. :rolleyes: Idiot = me.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I should not be allowed to handle sharp objects.

The other day I cut myself with scissors. Whatever.

Today, within the first two hours at work, I managed to stab myself with two different needles. The first one was a small guage, so even thought I peirced through the flesh of my finger it only hurt for a bit and it didn't bleed after the initial OUCH factor. The second was a large guage needle and I jabbed it straight into my thumb. Not only did it bleed like a stuck pig, the top of my thumb is now all bruised and tender. And I never realized how much I use my thumb until it hurts to use it. Ow.

At least both the needles were sterile. :rolleyes: Idiot = me.
Ouchhhh I feel for you! I sliced my thumb on an 18g needle once... holy mother of God it hurts!! I was trying to put the cap on and jammed it into my thumb instead. :doh:

I have to believe that it happens to everyone who handles needles on a frequent basis lol.

Lyzelle

I was cutting potatoes for stew last night, dropped the knife, it rebounded off the sink and I ended up giving myself a small cut on my palm trying to catch it. Didn't think anything of it, whatever. Mildly annoying, but in no way major or painful.

Well, 24+ hours later, and the darn thing feels like it's on fire and itches. It's in that PERFECT spot so it is pulled at and bothered all day long no matter what I am doing.

Grr. HEAL DAMNNIT.

tzigane

I was cutting potatoes for stew last night, dropped the knife, it rebounded off the sink and I ended up giving myself a small cut on my palm trying to catch it. Didn't think anything of it, whatever. Mildly annoying, but in no way major or painful.

Well, 24+ hours later, and the darn thing feels like it's on fire and itches. It's in that PERFECT spot so it is pulled at and bothered all day long no matter what I am doing.

Grr. HEAL DAMNNIT.
This is simultaneously really impressive and really awful. I'm so sorry.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
After working on the fence at the house, it had turned quite cold, and when I came inside my legs were covered with itchy hives. I used to break out in hives a LOT, almost always during/after a shower. Sometimes I would be in the shower and I could feel myself breaking out, and by the time I got out of the shower my skin was red and welted and itching horribly and I had to use topical antihistamine because it was SO BAD. It has also happened before when I'm out in the cold a lot - like if I'm at the local agility trial where it's like 40 degrees and I'm outside all day, my legs get really welted and itchy.

Well, the post-shower stuff has gone away since I quit eating wheat and cut out grains, which I assumed was just yet another way my body was like "hey this grain stuff just wasn't doing that much for you!" but didn't really think about it.

But since it happened earlier (and I had to frantically slather the topical antihistamine all over my legs) I thought to look up "breaking out in hives in the cold," and some googling has turned up a name for ALL of this. It's called Cold Urticaria. And the most interesting thing is that cold urticaria has been linked to gluten intolerance and many people find their symptoms improve when they go gluten free.

Y'know, the celiac panel they ran may have turned up a negative, but false negatives do happen with those. And at a certain point, despite what the panel said, I think 1 + 1 has to equal 2. Not that I was exactly ever planning on going back to eating wheat, but that settles it. No more wheat for me.

On the upside, Auggie's breeder has celiac disease and I made them a gluten free cake for their anniversary and it was DELICIOUS, so I guess it's not all bad.

tzigane

Y'know, the celiac panel they ran may have turned up a negative, but false negatives do happen with those. And at a certain point, despite what the panel said, I think 1 + 1 has to equal 2. Not that I was exactly ever planning on going back to eating wheat, but that settles it. No more wheat for me
Good for you for figuring it out!

Got threatened to be killed at work today, with a knife. On the shift I wasn't supposed to be working. Which made the day a double shift day.
Jesus. I'm so sorry. That's terrifying.

FG167

After working on the fence at the house, it had turned quite cold, and when I came inside my legs were covered with itchy hives. I used to break out in hives a LOT, almost always during/after a shower. Sometimes I would be in the shower and I could feel myself breaking out, and by the time I got out of the shower my skin was red and welted and itching horribly and I had to use topical antihistamine because it was SO BAD. It has also happened before when I'm out in the cold a lot - like if I'm at the local agility trial where it's like 40 degrees and I'm outside all day, my legs get really welted and itchy.

Well, the post-shower stuff has gone away since I quit eating wheat and cut out grains, which I assumed was just yet another way my body was like "hey this grain stuff just wasn't doing that much for you!" but didn't really think about it.

But since it happened earlier (and I had to frantically slather the topical antihistamine all over my legs) I thought to look up "breaking out in hives in the cold," and some googling has turned up a name for ALL of this. It's called Cold Urticaria. And the most interesting thing is that cold urticaria has been linked to gluten intolerance and many people find their symptoms improve when they go gluten free.

Y'know, the celiac panel they ran may have turned up a negative, but false negatives do happen with those. And at a certain point, despite what the panel said, I think 1 + 1 has to equal 2. Not that I was exactly ever planning on going back to eating wheat, but that settles it. No more wheat for me.

On the upside, Auggie's breeder has celiac disease and I made them a gluten free cake for their anniversary and it was DELICIOUS, so I guess it's not all bad.
Glad you figured it out. The celiac panel is for autoimmune testing, it won't tell you if you have a gluten allergy. Perhaps that is what is going on?

Members online

No members online now.