Macadamia Nut -- Temporary Puppy

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
The Princess Cheeseface, Macadamia Nut, and I made it home safe and sound :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Reactions thus far:

Last night:
Kim was SUPER EXCITED and got zoomies so was taken outside to run them off (also, she's allowed to run now!) so she didn't overwhelm anyone.

Webster said "Oh no not this again" and looked at me with mournful eyes.

Mira said "What's all the fuss about? Puppy is OLD NEWS" and promptly fell asleep, evidently relieved to be home.

And Brie streaked into the basement in horror and was not seen the rest of the night.

Today:
Kim is alternating between teaching the puppy about herder pressure (aka being a control freak), ignoring the puppy, and making play eyes at the puppy. The puppy has apparently decided, based on these changing reactions, that Kim is a Schizo to be ignored.

Webster has gone vertical and is hanging out on the human bed where puppy cannot reach. Outside he elected to sit across the yard, facing in the opposite direction. See no evil, hear no evil.

Mira apparently recovered from her total exhaustion in a single night's sleep and was bouncing and sprinting around. She's friendly when the pup comes up to her but isn't initiating interactions. After all she's had a week and a half with the pup already so the novelty's worn off.

And Brie emerged from the basement and is now lurking in the top of my office closet, observing the Alien Life Form with a great deal of suspicion.

I tried to get pictures of Cookie but had my long lens on and she stuck too close to my heels.

SaraB

Oh Webbie.. Come live with me. I can't guarantee that it will be any better in the puppy department though.

Also. Still no puppy pictures?!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
pUpdate on the Cookie Monster! These are from earlier in the week...about 15.5 weeks old.

She's sort of a crazy water demon already lol

And she likes her bumper a lot...
"Throw it...throw it...THROW IT!!!!"

Swim Coach Kim swims along with Cookie just because she can lol. The only downside to swimming at 15 weeks is that it's hard to keep your boney puppy butt from sinking! ;) She's getting it fast though and more importantly is always game for more.

Bonus picture of Swim Coach Kim ;) <3

Locke

She is sooo adorable!!

Does she have allergies? Her eyes look naked!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
She is sooo adorable!!

Does she have allergies? Her eyes look naked!
I think it's just something about the pictures and her light skin and thinner hair around her eyes. She doesn't look like she has naked eyes in person, and I've seen no signs of alergies or rubbing :dunno:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Cookie Monster: sitting in the spare raised bed, growing like a weed amidst the weeds, and being as cute as can be.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Da Baby is 16 weeks old and super cute. I was out of state for work most of the week and while I was gone she grew and grew!

She grew so much she can swim without her butt sinking all the time. Goodbye splashies! (that water was clear until certain canines started tearing about!)

It was cool and cloudy today but the pup was not deterred.
"Cold water? What cold water?"

Bumper time! (that would be Kim shaking water from her coat in the background lol...she doesn't try to herd the puppy like she does Mira...yet)

"I got it I got it!"

We also went to the farmer's market today where the pup played with kids, elderly, adults, met a couple other dogs (and stayed relaxed and with me when a dog acted like a fool about 10 feet away from us), doodled a few patterns with me, and alternately sat nicely or tried to mummy-wrap me with her leash while I picked out produce. Yep...she's a puppy :D

Members online