I think my dog is going blind

Copper125

I'm a bit concerned that my dog is going blind. Her pupils aren't black anymore but rather a cloudy blue. They still dilulate though. Also she isn't as responsive to movements unless there is a sense of touch/noise involved. (I was able to walk right up to her while she was curled up in her kennel and she only noticed me when i touched her, this is the first time this ever happened as usually she notices me way before hand even when she was sleeping (it's been raining so that could've blocked out the sound). Also when we were playing, i had my arms right infront of her though she was looking off to the side (if there was an animal or something that caught her attention she would've ran straight out to bark at it) and she'd only look in the direction of my hands when they were on her. So these things have me quite concerned. She's an older dog so I can understand this happening, but it's still heartbreaking. We're going to bring her to the vet once we get the chance, but I'd like to hear what you guys think and if there is someway I could test if she really is going blind. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.