Can dogs get the stomach flu?

So last weekend, Cassie got kinda sick in that ever so special upset tummy kind of way. She stole a bite of pork steak from my son two days before, so I just figured that's what it was. Gave her pepto and made sure she was still getting fluids. She was better the next day.

Then a yesterday, Roxie started doing the same thing. And I've been watching them really close. The only thing either of them have had is their Innova. I gave the same treatment to Roxie, pepto, fluids. Gradually giving her food back. She's doing fine.

So I'm wondering if there's some kind of dog virus?

Not the same thing that people get...but dogs can get various strains of the Flu virus. It's nothing much to worry about...just keepan eye on their temps and make sure they're taking in propper food and water.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
There are all kinds of viruses and many of them cause intestinal upset, yep. :(

They don't necessarily have anything to do with flu, but diarrhea is a common symptom.

bubbatd

When I went to the vet's this week for Chip's annual they handed me a sheet to sign for a new virus that's going around.... it really didn't apply to our area so they said I really didn't need the shot. Wish I could remember what it was! There were about 10 questions as to exposures and we only had one.I asked what the symptoms were and they said it was really hard to diagnose. More to worry about !

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I saw that Canine Influenza was going around and that it had the same "somewhat" symptoms as Kennel Cough...

No coughing here. Just intestinal nastiness. They're both over it. It lasted about 24 hours for both of them.

Members online