Putting down one of my dogs tomorrow

DubV

I'm heartbroken. My poor little beagle's time has finally come. She can't even stand up or walk anymore due to her bad arthritis. I was tearing up before we even left for the vet a couple hours ago because I feared the vet would recommend it, not to mention my mom was too. Hearing him say we should put her down just hurt even more though and we all began to tear up.

We ended up bringing her back home for one final night. I plan on giving her a nice last meal she wouldn't ordinarily have.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat's the best thing you could do, give her all your love this night so she can take it across the bridge with her. I will be thinking of you. Never an easy thing to do, but when done with love, there is peace in that.

That's so hard . . . We had to finally let my mom's little Rat Terrier, Katy, go for the same reason a couple of days ago. She was 19, but it was still so hard to see her go, even knowing it was a loving kindness.

Just fill these last hours with all the love you have and know that they never truly leave us alone.

chaospony

I'm so sorry :(
When it was time to let my Holly go I stayed up all night talking to her, talking about everything we'd been through together and telling her I would be okay without her so she didn't have to worry about leaving.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hugs. I'm so sorry. Take things a day at a time and try to remember all the love you shared.

Doberluv

Awww...I'm so very sorry. It's the hardest thing ever to let our loves go. I think you did the right thing by bringing her back for one final hooplah. It will be so nice for her and you. I know you'll come to peace eventually with all the happy memories, but right now it doesn't seem like it probably. It sounds like she had a good life with a loving family. (((hugs))) I'm so sorry...

DubV

It's over. Thanks for all your kind words. We brought her to the vet a couple hours ago and said our goodbyes and he put the needle inside of her. I feel much better knowing she's no longer in pain. I'll definitely never forget today. I could probably write a short story about it like I did with the death of my first dog.

ACooper

It's over. Thanks for all your kind words. We brought her to the vet a couple hours ago and said our goodbyes and he put the needle inside of her. I feel much better knowing she's no longer in pain. I'll definitely never forget today. I could probably write a short story about it like I did with the death of my first dog.
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

A short story sounds like a lovely way to get things out :) Also, you may want to check out our "Rainbow Bridge" section. That's where we post about our beloved pets who have moved on, post photos, tell their story, just basically share part of them with everyone else. It can be therapeutic as well.

Doberluv

I wrote poems...poems upon more poems. That really seemed to be therapeutic for me. I don't know why I did...didn't think of doing it consciously. I just started writing the day or the next day after I lost my Dobe. So, I think writing a story or poems would help you get in touch with your inner most feelings. And just the act of making a sort of tribute to your dog can be healing too. I'm really sorry you're in this pain right now. And I hope that you will come to peace and acceptance before too long. Even though I still grieve the loss of my heart dog and still miss him terribly, I came to a place where I could deal with it a lot better. But it took me a long time. He was only four and somehow that hit me harder than past dogs that lived a long life. And everyone has to go through it his or her own way and on one's own time frame. Keep in touch and if you write anything, I hope you feel like posting it. (((hugs)))

Members online