Lure Coursing with Skittledoo and Caliterp (videos)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
So... Caliterp and I went to an ASFA lure coursing trial today and got to practice.

It was SO cold when I got there early in the morning and I had forgotten to bring Joey's new coat... wooooops! So... he ended up with a new coat so that he didn't freeze. Behold... Lizard man! I love that it has a little slot for the martingale and leash to pull through so I can easily walk him with the coat on.

I even has a snood attached to my new lizard coat

We also got a coursing slip lead as well with little castles on it... so cute

Met a Saluki bitch that I fell in love with. Her name is Faline.

Joey hanging out

I'm awful and realized I didn't get any pics of Lucy :(

and now for videos...

The beginning part of this video cracks me up. I think the music was fitting. He was confused what to do at first so I tried to run with him... but omg I'm out of shape. He also decided he didn't have to follow the lure completely back to me lol. It's already been pointed out to me that he runs wonky... I think it's something to do with his back... he just looks stiff and not stretched out when he moves which causes him to do that weird bunny hopping motion. If anyone has any chiropractor recommendations in my area I'm seriously wanting to get him checked out. Doesn't seem to be in any pain or anything, but the way he moves is just off. He had a lot of fun though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQs54nHrsyg&feature=share&list=UUivDfVVknpq7yuFg117g35w

Lucy and Joey both excited... especially Lucy haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdvaeZ4-O2s&feature=share&list=UUivDfVVknpq7yuFg117g35w

Lucy's run. Please excuse my terrible filming. The Saluki's mom was talking to me when I was trying to film which made my concentration suck and my hand went a little shakey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqCq5_r2zQ&feature=share&list=UUivDfVVknpq7yuFg117g35w

Also... quite a few people have already written me on facebook asking who made the coat. The lady that made it is named Linda. She's a Scottish Deerhound breeder and her website is www.strathclydecreations.bizland.com

I don't know that she has any photos of her fabric on her website???? haven't had a chance to really look at it. But... this coat looks amazing and I really like how well it's stitched together.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
thank you. I love it too. They had a coursing lead with frogs on it that was so adorable and would have looked perfect, but unfortunately it was too big on him.

Snark

Mutts to you
Looks like everyone had a lot of fun! And Joey has a very cool coat. :)

I wish there were more opportunities for Riley, he acts like Lucy when he sees the lure - he just loves to run.

I love his little prance-dance right at the beginning, before he starts to chase. Good lord he has some long legs.

Lucy's got her eyes on the prize, aheheh.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
There's another one coming up in December in WV apparently that I think I'm going to try to make if anyone wants to come. Talked to someone I know that has beezers and she said it doesn't look like necessarily a back issue in the video. She said his back is shorter and his legs are long so she thinks that's what is causing him to move like that. I'm going to still take him to a chiropractor anyway... Wouldn't hurt to have him looked at. A friend of mine offered to do some massage and hydrotherapy with him to try to relax his muscles a little more. I'm going to start conditioning him more (and myself). Going to take him out jogging a few times a week as well as try to see if I can work him up to using the treadmill. Been working on getting him interested in plastic bags when we play. I may tie some plastic bags to a long line and try running with it and have him chase, but don't know if that would help or not.

It was also suggested to me to get out and practice him on baby runs as much as I can and build him back up to doing a full course.

I have to admit. I've fumbled around with lots of dog sports, but this was definitely a lot more fun for me.

Members online

No members online now.