Bad Nanook. Bad!

Saje

Island dweller
I left the window open (with screen) while I went to get groceries today. All the dogs were out in the backyard and when I got home I was in the living room and I heard a pick pick pick sound. Nanook has slowly been cutting a hole in the screen! It's about three inches wide now! A cat could have gotten out. I'll have to do role call. Naughty pup!

I know why she was doing it - she could see the cat sitting in the window and the other one at the table....

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I know it is bad she did it but I had to laugh it reminded me of Stinker chewing a hole in his kennel awhile back.

Saje

Island dweller
I don't know. We never get our damage deposit back! LOL Oh well.

She's being so good about sitting. She's starting to learn to sit for attention and to come inside. That sit command is so helpful! LOL My little truffle dog

Saje, I haven't tried it myself but there is screening available that is supposed to be dog/cat proof. Apparently it has some stretch to it so that they can't rip it. You might see if you can get some & replace that screen with it. :)

Irish

My bets are that the cats put Nanook up to it! I know how sneaky felines can be - they are not above blackmail, bribery and intimidation tactics! LOL, good luck with your screen repair!

Most home supply/hardware stores such as Home Depot and the such usually carry it. I have also seen it advertised in alot of those mail-order catalogs that offer a wide variety of items.

Kharma and Shiva (mostly Kharma I think) have completely destroyed the screen and ripped out the frame on the window in the bedroom that looks out into the back pasture. The cows have to walk past there to get to the barn and water trough . . . :rolleyes:

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks for the idea, Poodlesmom. I'll keep my eye out for that screen.

It's SO easy to fogive her. I just looked at her doing it and closed the windows and dropped the blind. I'm just not going to look at it anymore. lol Steve hasn't seen it yet.

You say that Nanook was slowly cutting away a hole in the screen...
Makes me think of the movie Shawshank Redemption. He doesn't happen to own a poster of Rita Hayworth does he? :D

Pam

mrose_s

BusterLove
lol, that is pretty cute, Nanook, did you get the name from that movie, Nanook of the North, I saw a doco on the movie the other day :)

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
poodlesmom said:
Saje, I haven't tried it myself but there is screening available that is supposed to be dog/cat proof. Apparently it has some stretch to it so that they can't rip it. You might see if you can get some & replace that screen with it. :)
Wondering if this is like a small black plastic mesh, intead of a metal screen? We used something like this on an outdoor enclosure for our 5 foot Iguana (who could push though window screen, or push out window screen frames) and it does stretch.. and doesn't break... but I think would be best stapled (outside) over existing window screen to just reinforce the main screens & frames from being pushed in or out. Maxie, our Iguana did some really ugly damage to her nose "trying" to escape from that plastic mesh in all of about 2 minutes.. so we had to forget the outdoor cage and just take her outside when we can supervise her. :(

bogolove

Jenny busted through the bottom of the whole screen on the screen door at Liz's house. She and Brady come in and out through the screen. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.