An Aggressive Foster

tara

Foster is a dog-aggressive dog. (Out of fear I'm pretty sure, and especially if he is on his leash, when he's not, and the other dogs aren't aggressive, he is perfectly fine, for ex. he plays with two rottweilers at churchill park [if they happen to be there at the same time] very well without any aggression. They are very nice dogs!!) I did a very bad job of socializing him. *tsk tsk!* Of course, it is causing some problems now. I would very much like to take Foster with me to a lot of places that I go, but I don't, because I'm always scared there will be other dogs there, and I don't want to make a scene! I would love to take him to dogparks to play with other dogs, but of course I would never do that because of the aggression. What would be the best way for me to socialize him? I can't get anybody with another dog to meet at the park etc. because I don't know anyone that has a well trained dog around here.I've heard that people will put a muzzle on their aggressive dogs and still take them to the dogpark, but wouldn't that not help that much? The dog is still aggressive, it just can't bite:confused: so wouldn't that dog make aggressive moves towards another dog, and start a fight or something? I just really want to be able to take Foster to places with me! Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!!!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Well I would try the muzzle but make it a box style muzzle. Also you might be getting tense and that tenseness is going to him so he is starting to show fear. My dog would start to bark and cry when we got to this one house on our street because there was always a dog out and it would bark at her so I would always get tense. Next When I got to the house I took a deep breathe and relaxed and stopped when she would do it and stopped walking and gave her a stern NO waited till she would stop pulling and the walk went on and it worked! Good Luck!!!

Members online

No members online now.