The Venting Thread

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I'm still timesick and I have a headahce and the angle of the sun is NOT helping :wall: :wall: It's getting better with the help of melatonin and 5HTP, but ****, I want to be over it already.
I'm glad I'm not the only one being messed up since the time change. Felt like crap, and kinda walk around in a daze. Feel confused? but not.. but mehhh I don't do well with change and now it's light out ALL THE TIME AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!!!

Kilter

My vent for the day:

I can't figure out who is a worse owner, the lady with three intact labs who is rehoming the youngest, but all three have issues that are basic simple train your dog and it wouldn't happen issues she's ignored. She's a 'retired' breeder I think but still has three dogs and is rehoming the youngest because her new boyfriend will only let her move in with two dogs...

Or, the lady with an intact male lab who lives near a boarding kennel, in the country, no fence, and is annoyed because the kennel has the nerve to complain about her dog wandering over all the time and is now catching the dog and calling animal control, and she is giving the dog up because she can't afford the fine next time. No idea why she can't get him snipped or build a dog run or something to make sure he stays where he's supposed to and doesn't slip his collar off and go wandering...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
May I ask why you haven't left the country?

How do you feel about government protecting copyrights?
Argh, this is my pet peeve. People who are just like oh why not just leave the country. Like it's just that easy. Sorry no anger towards you but this idea of "well just leave the country" like it is like moving to anoter town drives me bananas. It is HARD, and EXPENSIVE And if you don't want more government in your life trying to immigrate is exactly the opposite way of doing that lol

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Oh it's not my goal at all, it was purely intrigue, if you hate the government why choose to live in said country? This is not like saying if you don't like Obama or if you don't like guns just get out cause this is my USA, it's more of if you prefer a lesser governed place of living why not explore alternative options.

Additionally it's my pet peeve that money can often be used as an excuse for not "just do(ing) it". I'm in debt, several thousand, and digging my way out slowly (we paid off three CCs and we're working on the fourth) because of the move but we did it, we took the leap because it was that worth it to us. Sure, we can't just as easily buy up but we can buy down, we live in a smaller house in a far less respectable neighborhood but again, it was worth it to us. There are always exceptions but in general the where there is a will there is a way saying does hold true, it just becomes more about how hard are you willing to work for it and how many sacrifices are you willing to make.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Further, it sounds like the effort is being made to make the change so not it's exactly irrelevant to ask why not leave.

If you're unhappy do something about it, it may take time and sacrifice but don't let yourself get trapped in the "but".

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh it is not just the money although with all the fees, lawyers fees (i seriously recommend a reputable one for this type of thing), and all the extras like physicals, fingerprints, etc etc... It really piles up but also the time among other things. We were married and it took us FIVE years. Now that is not neasecarily typical but certainly possible. Te immigration process is like a labyrinth, a maze. After finally finding a good, reputable lawyer that helped us navigate and was our spear head things finally started moving but even then INS tried to get money from us that we didn't owe. After submitting our request for permission to submit request for immigration and getting that paperwork we were able to submit everything else only to get a letter with lots of threatening legal jargon to the tune of "you didn't submit valid paperwork and you must pay $500 so we can approve it or your immigration application will be terminated". Had it just been us we would have ponied up the dough thinking we missed one of the many "pre application application" forms but luckily our lawyer was like NUH UH and wrote a stern letter back tellin them we had representation and that we submitted every piece of paper required. Things moved a little more quickly after that.

But yeah it isn't just money. I agree that if you really want something you should go for it but yeah immigration is not like buying a house or taking out a loan. It is like a really expensive colonoscopy and pap all in one lol

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Wow. I was driving behind this guy today who had a problem with me for some reason, and he was swerving all over the road, would not let me pass him, threw a can of pop out the window at me, then stopped in the middle of the road and got out and came running at me, about to open (try to) my door when I put it into reverse and got out of his way. I called the police during this, but I didn't know anything was the matter until he's running at me and couldn't get his license plate in all the drama, because either the transmission went out on my car or the break drums locked up and I could not drive my car more than 50mp without extreme RPMs and a jerking motion.

This is why I hate the police/government, and now I get to pay to fix the car on my own. I don't know if the small warrantee I have will cover it or not.

I just cried the whole way home to Brian and my Dad. I should have let Brian get out of the car and kick the guy's ass.
Yeah ... He'd better be lucky he didn't to that here or more importantly, in a rural area because he prolly would have had a shotgun or pistol in his face.

That being said ... Seriously ... Yikes! How scary! :S. makes one want to carry a cattle prod (which I actually did back when I was single) I would have waited for him to stick his arm I to the car & would have nailed him! 50K volts usually does the trick.

I am glad you are ok tho ... At least physically that is, bummer on the car tho

Saeleofu

Sure, we can't just as easily buy up but we can buy down
For some people the only "down" is homelessness. Sure, I'd love to live in Washington, Oregon, California...heck, If I could move ANYWHERE, I might as well move to Scotland or Wales! But lack of money is a very real issue, and not everyone has the ability to just put it all on credit or to "buy down."

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah ... He'd better be lucky he didn't to that here or more importantly, in a rural area because he prolly would have had a shotgun or pistol in his face.

That being said ... Seriously ... Yikes! How scary! :S. makes one want to carry a cattle prod (which I actually did back when I was single) I would have waited for him to stick his arm I to the car & would have nailed him! 50K volts usually does the trick.

Yeah no kidding

Something similar happened to my dad once. Guy was bring a jackass because I guess my dad wasn't driving fast enough for him and he was riding his bumper and swerving about trying to pass him, finally passed my dad and then purposely cut him off and when they came to a red light the guy got out an charged up to my dads car and tried to get my dad out of the car, when he couldn't open the door (locked obviously lol) he took his fist and slammed it on the windshield smashing the glass.

Scary

I have the utmost respect for police but thwy don't have time
Machines. As the saying goes "when seconds count the police are minutes away"

DJEtzel

Thanks! Yes, usually we have the rifle with when we make longer trips and we were kicking ourselves that we didn't have it. This is the exact reason I am going to be carrying when I'm 21. Not happening then, I wouldn't have HAD to call the police, because I would have my own protection that is a lot more reliable.

Eta; I was actually surprised when he didnt have a shotgun with him when he jumped out of his truck. Because we WERE in a rural area were I grew up and people ARE like that.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merlin is starting his pre-teen angsty rebellions. Is that normal around 6 months?

I can actually see the wheels turning and see him DECIDING to not listen to me. I know you KNOW what sit means Merlin.

And people are so FRUSTRATING. Like, I think it's great so many people want to meet him but when I say "I'm training him not to jump" or am obviously stepping on his leash, don't say "OH IT'S OK" and then encourage him to jump on you.
It won't be so ok when he weighs 50 pounds!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Why? Because they prove there's no reason to trust them for anything?

Unfortunately, I cannot press charges against someone or file an insurance claim WITHOUT a police report.
But that's my confusion, by doing so are you not gaining from the system? Are they not helping you not have to pay for the car alone?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Thanks! Yes, usually we have the rifle with when we make longer trips and we were kicking ourselves that we didn't have it. This is the exact reason I am going to be carrying when I'm 21. Not happening then, I wouldn't have HAD to call the police, because I would have my own protection that is a lot more reliable.

Eta; I was actually surprised when he didnt have a shotgun with him when he jumped out of his truck. Because we WERE in a rural area were I grew up and people ARE like that.
Here a lot of "city" (no offense to anyone) folk that come through small towns & find that most country folks aren't ... Well much in a hurry to drive anywhere (ESP at night ... Never know what could run out in front of you) there have been instances where a road eager tried to "jump" one of these down home country boys & ended up with a rifle or shotgun in their face.

Yeah ... Not gonna fly in the boonies dudes. :p.

Ironically I just got my tuck tuned up & it runs like a dream ... So in the event I ever have to burn rubber ... I will be more then able ;)

DJEtzel

But that's my confusion, by doing so are you not gaining from the system? Are they not helping you not have to pay for the car alone?
And this is where it comes down to it. I hate it ALL, but until I get out, I have to play by the system's rules. I wouldn't have a car or have to worry about it at all if I could just... be homeless and survive in this society. BUT, since I do... I need it to take care of me until I can get that money to change it all and never spend another dime here. Sort of like how I HATE GMOs and food containing them, but I just cannot afford to ship in some foods so we do have to eat some with GMOs. Hate it, but do it to survive.

So yes, they would be helping me if I could do that. But I can't, so they didn't. They would not dispatch anyone to do anything so I *am* screwed.

Here a lot of "city" (no offense to anyone) folk that come through small towns & find that most country folks aren't ... Well much in a hurry to drive anywhere (ESP at night ... Never know what could run out in front of you) there have been instances where a road eager tried to "jump" one of these down home country boys & ended up with a rifle or shotgun in their face.

Yeah ... Not gonna fly in the boonies dudes. :p.

Ironically I just got my tuck tuned up & it runs like a dream ... So in the event I ever have to burn rubber ... I will be more then able ;)
Haha! Mine hanlded suprisingly well up until the "Oh I need his license plate number" thought, then he had taken off and I was stranded in the dust. :p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Oh it is not just the money although with all the fees, lawyers fees (i seriously recommend a reputable one for this type of thing), and all the extras like physicals, fingerprints, etc etc... It really piles up but also the time among other things. We were married and it took us FIVE years. Now that is not neasecarily typical but certainly possible. Te immigration process is like a labyrinth, a maze. After finally finding a good, reputable lawyer that helped us navigate and was our spear head things finally started moving but even then INS tried to get money from us that we didn't owe. After submitting our request for permission to submit request for immigration and getting that paperwork we were able to submit everything else only to get a letter with lots of threatening legal jargon to the tune of "you didn't submit valid paperwork and you must pay $500 so we can approve it or your immigration application will be terminated". Had it just been us we would have ponied up the dough thinking we missed one of the many "pre application application" forms but luckily our lawyer was like NUH UH and wrote a stern letter back tellin them we had representation and that we submitted every piece of paper required. Things moved a little more quickly after that.

But yeah it isn't just money. I agree that if you really want something you should go for it but yeah immigration is not like buying a house or taking out a loan. It is like a really expensive colonoscopy and pap all in one lol
I totally respect that, it has been hell on the friends I know who've immigrated, I genuinely figured if she did it shed do it off the radar.

Members online

No members online now.