Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

I really like Lotus from everything I see and hear. I like that they have their own facility and they even made their own cannery to be able to make canned foods ... all their options for outsourcing were not good enough for them, so yeah, apparently they just made their own. I like that. No recalls, seem to have good customer service. They sent me free samples to try as well. I am not sure if 'baking' the food is really better, but whatever, I think it's a neat idea.

I was considering trying it, but it was pricey here too. As an example, I pay around $13 for a 5lb bag of Fromm grain inclusive. Their grain-frees are a bit more, at around $15-$16 for a 4lb bag. The Lotus grainfree ended up being like $21 with tax for a 4lb bag. I wasn't sure it was worth the price tag.

But I may give their grain inclusives a try. Actually thanks for the reminder, I think I'm going to try our samples!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

I just saw their 4lb bag of duck on doggiefood.com for $9.99! You have to spend $50 to get free shipping, but if you need other stuff too anyway, it's a good deal.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 PM
orange iguanas.

Okay, what I said yesterday Is that it's pricey but I think it's a neat food. The baking is an interesting concept and is supposed to make it more palatable and gentler for sensitive stomachs.

Don't see a reason to not give it a try!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
I was considering trying it, but it was pricey here too. As an example, I pay around $13 for a 5lb bag of Fromm grain inclusive. Their grain-frees are a bit more, at around $15-$16 for a 4lb bag. The Lotus grainfree ended up being like $21 with tax for a 4lb bag. I wasn't sure it was worth the price tag.
I know it's a regional thing, but that is crazy to me. The grain free varieties at my store are $11!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I know it's a regional thing, but that is crazy to me. The grain free varieties at my store are $11!
I know! I have the same reaction when I hear that TOTW retails in some places for $60-70! Craziness!

Anyways, on topic...I really, really like Lotus as a company. I've fed their grain-free dry formula once or twice, and my dogs did really well on it. Jack absolutely LOVES their canned formulas, and they seem to be a huge hit with pickier dogs.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
I can get the 20lb bag for $48
WOW - I just priced it (disappointed that the bags are only 20 lbs) - for like $57!!! And that was at the store whose parent company makes it!

I opted not to get it because I was smarting at price and smaller bags these days but mainly because the sales girl worked so hard to sell me on it.... I do like the baked idea. Ended up trying Fromms g/f for a bag this time - and that was only 25 lbs.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Slave to the Aussie

I wish I could get Fromm somewhere around here
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Active Pup

At you inquisitive mind