My neighbor...the dog 'expert'

Debi

Maybe you have one too. I communicate with my neighbors via email (yes, it is sometimes a VERY good thing they are not close) and I am telling my neighbor about Hammie needing to be socialized. Yesterday, her husband comes barreling over......he is on a mission. Seems he decided all he needs to do is say 'Hi' to Hammie and the problem is solved. So, he jumps out of his truck and sprints to the pen (had just put them back out...lucky for me). He then starts yelling...........yes, yelling.......'Hello Hammie!!!!!!!!!' for about 15 minutes (seemed like an hour) as I just stood on my porch shaking my head. Ok, so I appreciate the thought............but try as I might, I could not get it thru his thick skull (sorry) that seeing someone he is familiar with is not the answer to Hammie's problem of being totally overwhelmed 'outside of his box'. Now, I fear I am doomed to have him visit daily to say the big 'hello' to Ham. Geez.....like I said, sweet thought.......but, OH PLEASE SAVE ME. In the meantime....I'll be working my butt off taking Hammie out.......and IF, IF he becomes better........yep, you guessed it........my neighbor will be so proud of himself for solving yet another problem of the world. Meanwhile....Hammie and Addie start jumping around..acting like complete dorks...........CAUSE THEY KNOW HIM ALREADY...DUH. It was kinda funny. I think my neighbor is a kind person.......a good person..............BUT DOES ANYONE WANT HIM????????????????????? lol :eek:

NO! Please keep him! I have enough expects or as we call them "gossips" then we need. Really, if I trip over my dog on our walk they come out and tell me how to do it differently, THEY have to know everything that is going on, they watch what going on at our house with their binoculars… so please keep him… or maybe we can buy a deserted island and put them all on it? So we… I mean they can live happily ever after. Lol

Cidney

Hey debi, how about we trade neighbors, I have a huge selection to pick from, haha. I am trying to get away from a neighborhood mooch. Yep, got a family that lives 5 houses up the street and the parents ride around on their bikes around 6:00 in the evening looking for a free meal. God forbid you have the grill going, if they smell it they pop over and wont leave! The neighbor husband has even gone so far to walk in my house and help himself to a beer or two or three while I am out back gardening!

Debi

Cidney........YIKES.....here's to a BBQ fork stuck right into the neighbor. :eek:

Oh, it's so nice to have Filas. (rofl) And little Bimmer. There are actually people who are more wary of him than of the girls. (They're probably the smarter ones.) And I'm sure being redheaded doesn't hurt, either!

Bimmer's one of a kind, so my advice is . . . dye your hair and get a Fila! And wave good-bye to your neighbors! :D :p

flyndog

Dogs Made Easy!
Cidney said:
God forbid you have the grill going, if they smell it they pop over and wont leave! The neighbor husband has even gone so far to walk in my house and help himself to a beer or two or three while I am out back gardening!
Hi Texas neighbor! BTW, I only go after the Shiner Bock, never the Lone Star! :D
Kit

Cidney said:
Yep, got a family that lives 5 houses up the street and the parents ride around on their bikes around 6:00 in the evening looking for a free meal. God forbid you have the grill going, if they smell it they pop over and wont leave! The neighbor husband has even gone so far to walk in my house and help himself to a beer or two or three while I am out back gardening!
LOL! There was a hot dog commercial that ran here a year or so ago with those people in it! The family would go from house to house looking for someone grilling a particular brand of hot dogs, then would descend like a horde of locusts.

You guys should feel blessed that you have such nice,friendly neighbors. My neighbor wants to fight me even though hes about 30 years older than me. Also all my neighbor ever does is complain. I've gotten so used to it that he'll start yelling at me when I'm up front about how my family is causing so much trouble in the neighborhood. Normally I'll just say hi and than bring the dogs up front. That normally shuts him up.

I am SOOOOO lucky. I live on a nice 2 acre spread (remember I moved here from San Jose, CA).

My only real neighbor is a 65 YO guy who dodes on his Lab and his wife and her Westie. They have 40 acres and a 2 acre pond. The previous owners of my house were hilljacks who didn't take care of the land and had bad, big dogs. (Actually not bad dogs, just bad owners). We just have the 3 cats and the one dog.

I mow and trim and work my animals. We share a love of firearms and red meat. We grill frequently.

We and "J" do butt heads on dog theory...He has a $2000 custom bred Lab that does terrible in competitions but is a nice dog. My first rescued Rotty would have done better before I worked with her...Since he retired his #1 thing is his dog, so I won't deflate that balloon.

My wondermutt has brought us all closer together.

Members online

No members online now.