Is he a catahoula?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat

if so,anything special about the breed we can tell potential adopters. I dont know ANYTHING about them but her kennel tag he is a catahoula, i just wanted to make sure

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Certainly been a Houla Monster invasion on the forum lately!

He looks catahoula to me. OMG...turn him brindle, and it could be Voodoo! Even down to the ear set! See?

Catahoulas are traditionally drivey dogs, although it can vary based on breeding. They're smart, stubborn, tend to be dominant, physically capable, slow-maturing and intensely loyal to their families. They are happy and fun dogs with their people, but do tend to have protective instincts, especially about their territory, and can be aloof with strangers. If you search the breed forum, there was a pretty detailed thread about them recently.

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
Looks like a Catahoula or mix to me. I fostered one several years ago, I'll see if I can dig up a picture of him. AWESOME dogs, but I don't think I'd recommend them for a first time owner (although of course, each dog is an individual).

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thanks for the info :) he HATES being in a kennel, and thus barks at people who pass by to get attention :( making his chances for adoption very low.. im praying for this big guy, once you get him out, he is a SWEETHEART and loves attention. and the coloring is beautiful

Labyrinth

I'm a little late getting to this thread, but I'd say he looks like a catahoula too. Misty was abandoned so I don't know what breed her parents are, but everyone says she's a catahoula and they look very similar.

Members online

No members online now.