THe gallery here at Chazhound

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HEre is one i am deffinatly saving for a sculpture someday...i think these pups are awesome. http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=2897&ppuser=2312

i think i have 33 pages:yikes: I need to write them down in the order they are in the gallery because i always posted them there first so they are in order. THey are a mess in my computer and i seldom get prints, just a disc so this is my reference when i am looking for something.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Plus more little ones.

I had pics of them when they where still little, but those got lost when my hard drive crashed.

meh.. Personally I prefer looking at pics of dogs I know (lol you get what I mean) I am not one for randomly looking at dog/horse/child pics where I have no connection.

I want to know the backstory :D

Ditto. I like to feel like I "know" the dog I am looking at.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Guess i know them then. I certainly know EVe and Dakota, Kharma and Bimmer, Max and Jake. ALong the way i found a few more to know and am pleased as punch to have seen a few i consider precious like Katkooka. I just like to visit them once in a while. who knows...maybe it's just me.

I think it is a shame the gallery isn't used more often but maybe that is because there are some tech difficulties that can be ironed out.

Grammy i found yours!

Juicy

Guess i know them then. I certainly know EVe and Dakota, Kharma and Bimmer, Max and Jake. ALong the way i found a few more to know and am pleased as punch to have seen a few i consider precious like Katkooka. I just like to visit them once in a while. who knows...maybe it's just me.

I think it is a shame the gallery isn't used more often but maybe that is because there are some tech difficulties that can be ironed out.

Grammy i found yours!
What I mean is that I like to read the story about the animal and the pictures that were taken, in thread format.

And no, I don't know each and every dog, cat, bird, snake, etc that belongs to someone in this forum. That's why I enjoy seeing the pics in a thread. If you know them all, then kudos to you.

It's personal preference, not something to get cranky about. To me, I just don't use it. It's hard enough for me to keep up with all the threads daily, much less a gallery. To be honest, I don't even know where the gallery is, or that it existed. I knew we could post our own photos through our CP, which is neat.

It just isn't a big deal to me either way.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
What I mean is that I like to read the story about the animal and the pictures that were taken, in thread format.

And no, I don't know each and every dog, cat, bird, snake, etc that belongs to someone in this forum. That's why I enjoy seeing the pics in a thread. If you know them all, then kudos to you.

It's personal preference, not something to get cranky about. To me, I just don't use it. It's hard enough for me to keep up with all the threads daily, much less a gallery. To be honest, I don't even know where the gallery is, or that it existed. I knew we could post our own photos through our CP, which is neat.

It just isn't a big deal to me either way.
I think that says it right there. I really think it is about how you appreciate pictures--for picture sake, or for the people/pets you associate with them. I think to each his own!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am not cranky about any of it. I saw a sweet photo and thought i would share. The forum was slow and i was looking for something interesting. I thought possibly there were people out there that might like to see or share ones that they like. I was interested to see theres if they wished to share. IF your not one of those, then fine for you. ANd fine for me. I started this thread to do something light and pleasant. Something that i found enjoyable. IF you do not find it enjoyable it is a big forum, you can go look at your pics with your narrative groovy. I don't need a narrative, to see a lovely dog and enjoy seeing them grow up. I do enjoy the pics here. in this section. I also enjoy seeing them in the gallery and feel that a lot of people miss out on a good opportunity.

Last night i went back and visited photos of members i cared a great deal about that for one reason or another are not here with us anymore. I like remembering them. THe gallery gives me that opportunity because i saved their pics in "my favorites".

Scob brought up an excellent point that i was not aware of. He put forth some helpful constructive criticism about what could be changed to improve. SInce i am doing a sculpture of his dog this winter it would be easier for me if i could just go to his gallery then to have to sort through pms and find old threads. I find my gallery helpful for the same reason, it is a quick and easy access.

ANother person brought up the fact that they didn't like the scoring, i don't really either. SO bringing that up may be helpful to those that run the forum.

YOu state...i do not like to look at dogs that i do not have a story with. Ok .Good for you. DOn't look. I didn't make the thread for you if that is the case. BUt i will bet there is at least one person that did smile when they saw Katkooka and the poodle (those expressions will have to show up in my work somewhere..they look like they are sneaking into the circus), or Sweet Pea or those beyond gorgous puppies. I found out some kinks that were making the gallery hard to use. SO that makes this a successful thread, even if it does nothing for you. THat was my only intention.

Why it is necessary for you to make this personal is beyond me. I do not call you cranky, nor send hateful pms. IT is a rediculous thing to drag over the coals.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THats a huge loss, i can still see them in my mind. I think their gallery was my up most favorite of all. Guess i will feel lucky that i got to see them at all. Mojo's head resting on the baby, all the dogs lined up, the little girl signing to the deaf dane was priceless.

I tried searching, i even went back and viewed old pages where i thought they might be. sighs.

I saw Toby's last night and wondered how thing turned out. THe two dogs looking through the fence might make a good sculpture too. I want to work on one before spring to enter in the compitition at the DOg SHow in Kansas.
I have one idea sound and down, but am still keeping the options open.

Dekka

Just try me..
Why it is necessary for you to make this personal is beyond me. I do not call you cranky, nor send hateful pms. IT is a rediculous thing to drag over the coals.
I think you may be reading more into the posts than is there. I don't think anyone is making it personal except you. I did say I was glad that you enjoyed them after the people had gone. I found that sweet. Not all things are negative.

Like any thread its a conversation. Maybe some people want to talk about it saying they like to know who they are looking at, that shouldn't in any way affect your enjoyment of the pics. I did look at the pics (never even realized the gallery was there!) but found I wanted to know more and found it frustrating. I never would have tried looking if you hadn't made the thread! So that was a good thing.

I dont' think all threads must accomplish things (or at least I hope not :rofl1: or some of us are sooooo screwed) And once again not all things are they way you seem to read them. My PM to you certianly wan't hateful. I was a bit hurt.. but not hateful (though I dont' know you may be talking about others)

Try not to see the negativity. I am TRULY glad you made this thread.. I did look at the pics you linked too. I do hope you and others enjoy it (and said that before) If you look for negativity you will find it. If you look to try to see what people mean you will find a lot more.

elegy

overdogged
to be honest, i've never been to the gallery. i, too, enjoy seeing pics posted in threads along with the stories behind them. *shrug*

Plus more little ones.

I had pics of them when they where still little, but those got lost when my hard drive crashed.
That's one of the reasons Chaz created the gallery. He lost most of his pics of his Chaz and he wanted people to have a place to save those memories :)

Oh, and you can post pics to a thread from the gallery. I do it all the time!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
DEkka
WHen you ask someone "what their problem is" when they dont' have one..and you ask me why I have to be so miserable all the time, that other people don't find me "so bad" you are not exactly being cordial. THat is insulting, and i do not like to drag personal feelings out to the whole world but you keep bringing it up, making it personal, and i don't know why.

My whole point of the thread was to put some focus on the gallery. I certainly didn't need this drama this morning.

REnee i remember reading that was why CHazhound started the gallery. And i have always been grateful.

Scob sorry you lost yours. I had a fire and lost a lot of pics of dogs i had early on, its a real shame.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
WHen you ask someone "what their problem is" when they dont' have one..and you ask me why they have to be so miserable all the time, that other people don't find me "so bad" you are not exactly being cordial. THat is insulting, and i do not like to drag personal feelings out to the whole world but you keep bringing it up, making it personal, and i don't know why.

My whole point of the thread was to put some focus on the gallery. I certainly didn't need this drama this morning.
Ermmm because you did....

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Oh, and you can post pics to a thread from the gallery. I do it all the time!
Yeah, but I don't want to wait more than 10 days to post a thread while waiting for the pic to be appered. I'll take DropBox over that anyday.

Members online

No members online now.