Politician requests prayers for Obama's death

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Kansas Speaker of the House Mike O'Neil sent an e-mail to his colleagues requesting them to pray for Obama's death. The exact prayer he sent was Psalm 109, the text of which includes:

When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor.
Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
http://www.examiner.com/democrat-in...se-gop-to-pray-for-obama-s-death?CID=obinsite

Wow. Just....wow. I don't care if you're Republican, Democrat, Independent, Communist, whatever. It's one thing to call a political opponent names, do mudslinging, counter his policies with ones of your own, pray for him to lose the election, etc. It's another thing to actually pray for him to die and for his wife and children to suffer for the rest of their lives. I hope this hate-filled idiot doesn't last long in politics.

Doberluv

Wow! As much as I can't stand Obama, that is really low brow. I don't wish for his death or trouble for his family. Most of these politicians are really low brows as far as I'm concerned...not all, but many.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Sick and wrong. I just don't understand people who call themselves "Christians" who are so filled with hatred. What kind of Christianity is that???

Miakoda

Sick and wrong. I just don't understand people who call themselves "Christians" who are so filled with hatred. What kind of Christianity is that???
It's not. In fact, Christians are called to love. And to get more specific, they are told to especially love those whom they may not even like and live those who do not love in return. For it's easy to love people we like and who love us, but it's hard to love those we don't agree with, those we do not like, those who do not like us (even hate us). This is when we are to ask God to help us love them as he loves all of us.

This guy should be removed from his position as a leader. What he has done is disturbing and do very wrong.

B

Backward_Cinderella

It's not. In fact, Christians are called to love. And to get more specific, they are told to especially love those whom they may not even like and live those who do not love in return. For it's easy to love people we like and who love us, but it's hard to love those we don't agree with, those we do not like, those who do not like us (even hate us). This is when we are to ask God to help us love them as he loves all of us.

This guy should be removed from his position as a leader. What he has done is disturbing and do very wrong.
Sorry Mia, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It was sarcasm.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I almost feel sorry for him. It must be unpleasant to be such a hateful, malicious, nasty person. And tiring. It has to take a lot of energy hating someone so much you wish suffering and misery upon his wife and children, especially someone who has never done anything to you personally.

I hope the people of Kansas are wise enough not to reelect him, and I hope he's wise enough to seek some help (spiritual or psychiatric, or preferably both) for his um . . . personality disorder.

Miakoda

Sorry Mia, it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It was sarcasm.
I wasn't offended. Even though we have vastly different religious beliefs, we both agree that there is just too much hate in self-proclaimed "Christianity", and it infuriates me when to see publically acclaimed "Christians" engaging in these types of actions as if others would be proud.

Long story short: I agree with you. Lol

On a serious note, I is it ok for me to hope that this guy has someone knock him into reality?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
What kind of awful human being prays for something like that?
I really love Obama! but even if I didn't.. to wish him DEATH?!

Must take a truly sad, twisted, horrible person to think that way :( I feel sorry for them all more than anything.

What needs to happen is that this guy's party and Christianity as a whole needs to condemn this. There is nothing acceptable about this--you don't glorify God by wishing death and misery on others.
This...and he needs to be jailed IMO. Same as if any other person threatened the President of the United States.

I have a feeling it will be a long wait though.....

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
This...and he needs to be jailed IMO. Same as if any other person threatened the President of the United States.

I have a feeling it will be a long wait though.....
I'm not sure what is in effect a curse or an appeal to the divine counts. Supernatural means are probably outside of the secret service's jurisdiction.

Doberluv

I'm not sure what is in effect a curse or an appeal to the divine counts. Supernatural means are probably outside of the secret service's jurisdiction.
Heh, heh....yep...don't think that is quite the same thing as a direct threat to someone's life when he's basically making a wish.

Supernatural means are probably outside of the secret service's jurisdiction.
And really...let's hope it stays that way.

****, had a long response typed up but my computer is all messed up and erased it.

I didnt get my full thoughts out before. I dont think he should really be jailed, but I do think it should be treated more seriously. Too many politicians in the last several years are making vague (and not so vague) threats and call to violence against others.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
****, had a long response typed up but my computer is all messed up and erased it.

I didnt get my full thoughts out before. I dont think he should really be jailed, but I do think it should be treated more seriously. Too many politicians in the last several years are making vague (and not so vague) threats and call to violence against others.
Its their right to do so, so long as they don't cross the line into say, inciting a riot or soliciting murder. Can that put someone who is unstable over the edge? Possibly. But we can't limit speech based on what someone unstable might do because of it. Besides, when people come right out and say hateful things, at least you know exactly where you stand.

Thanks to this gentleman being so honest about his feelings, we now know exactly what sort of man he is.

For that matter, I'm quite certain the Secret Service knows as well. They can't, and shouldn't, do anything, but I have little doubt they are well aware of this.

Members online

No members online now.