Types!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Aussie collieish kind of dogs I suppose

I like the medium (wash and wear) coats, the color variations, happy expressions, non extreme features, compact builds, average size (40+ lbs)..

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Herding breeds.
The hair, the drive, the energy, the loyalty, the loveableness (yes thats a word lol). Everything about them.
Especially merles <3

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm really drawn to the "Farm Collie" type, the very utilitarian shape, moderate coat (I love being able to dig my fingers into a dog's coat) and attitude.

I still have a dream that I'll find the perfect shepherd/collie cross one day and he will be named Spike after one of my favorite books as a kid. One of my former clients had that dog, but obviously he was taken, so I'm hoping for a repeat. ;)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Oh if that's what you mean, I'm sort of a working collie-, working retriever-, sporter bred-type person.

I love sleek and smooth (or fringe if that's an option). I love longer legs, nice tuck up and giant up ears (or fringe).

or this

and this

and to be quite honest pretty much this

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
i think it's really interesting that those of us that choose that particular build seem to focus in on the tuck up! :)
dunno what it is, just love dogs like that.

if i could, i would have an Azawakh or Sloughi in a heartbeat. i suppose that's the most extreme breed i can think of with that trait. i'm always hesitant to post pictures on non-dog forums of these breeds though. every single time, without fail, i get horrified replies about the dogs being emaciated, so i just don't do it anymore, lol

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
on the complete flipside, my ultimate favourite breed is the Chow Chow. i think because of how similar i am to them. i've owned one, and i thought she was one of the best dogs ever. she had DA issues with dogs that got too close and flirty with me, and she was not at all fond of any human that looked like they were hurting me, but beyond that i loved her. i think we are so similar though that if i had another, it wouldn't compliment me so much as mirror me almost entirely. i don't know how good or bad that can end up being. thus, i've decided to wait until later in life for another.

my ultimate Chow, a smooth cream.

JacksonsMom

I don't really have a specific look, because the few breeds that I admire (lookswise) are all so different. lol. So, no, I don't really have a general group of dogs that I admire such as herding, terriers, sporting, etc. But I do have very few breeds that I will actually take a moment and awe at and be like "wow, gorgeous" and capture my attention.

An English Mastiff such as this would get my attention:

A GSD like this:

A Border Collie:

Aussie:

Any scruffy Benji looking terrier always makes me "awwww!"

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
My heart is wih herding breeds, and I like an all round sort of working farm dog. Collie type. 35-55 pounds, medium length easy care coat, I prefer prick ears, lean and long legged but not fragile. Quinn is for sure my dream dog, so much so I've come to the realization that my next ES probably won't be as perfect as her but we'll make it work LOL. She is totally my type and so athletic and graceful I could watch her move all day.

Paige

Let it be
Collie types will always be my heart. I find them physically stunning. I love the fluffy pants they can get on their bums too and the manes but short haired versions melt my heart too. That's my look and that's my personality type. Something about them just screams perfect.

I really like the look of sighthounds too.

I have to be basically dragged out of the shelter when I visit. I am a total sucker for any medium-large fluffy dog, I will take them all. Collies pretty well typify what I am attracted to, big but not too big, leggy, elegant and fluffy (although for practical reasons my next may be a smooth)
Although I also have an appreciation for a nice compact dog like an ACD and the scruffy terrier type is growing on me quickly collie types with always be my favorite.

YOU HAVE A BEAUCERON. Be my friend.

:lol-sign: Sorry, been loving on Beaucerons for several years now - think I've seen you around ProDog. That is a gorgeous dog.
Yes, I'm a PDGS member. And I'm so in love with my Endy pup, how can you not love an Endy pup? :p

Yes, I did choose her though based more on temperament and characteristics of the breed, over looks. But they grown on you. Just look at her go!

Leaping by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Almost by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Catch! by ~WelshStump~, on Flickr

Getting more into "Conformation", I think it really has brought forward more of, what I find "attractive" in a dog, and certain breeds, as well what I also don't find to attractive, but I really wasn't ever a Bulldog person to start with, lol. I know there are many people who love a lot of those characteristics, but, I'll take my athlete, and sturdy agile driven dog please. I also have found over the last few years, Dachshunds are fun to look at, but I really, have NO attraction what so EVER to scent hounds! No matter their shape! I've never really been into scent hounds, or Mastiffs, or most toy breeds either. I usually stick to Shepherds, Collies, Cattle dogs, and Spitz, although I find many of the terriers attractive too, but they are a family I don't think I'll ever own personally from. I really like the Wire fox terrier, the Welsh terrier, and the Sky terrier. But, none as much as my herding breeds.

I'm really drawn to the "Farm Collie" type, the very utilitarian shape, moderate coat (I love being able to dig my fingers into a dog's coat) and attitude.

I still have a dream that I'll find the perfect shepherd/collie cross one day and he will be named Spike after one of my favorite books as a kid. One of my former clients had that dog, but obviously he was taken, so I'm hoping for a repeat. ;)
Yes, SHE was the ultimate "Dream dog"!

I still far love my "Farm collies" more than anything, but, I just don't know if I could own another, they really take the biggest chunk of you with them when it's their time to leave. Well, that and I just can't deal with that much coat these days! Maddy (A.K.A. SuperDog) was out of a Border collie and GSD, litter of free-to-good-home puppies, I was approx 3 1/2 years old when we got her at 6 months. My father ultimately made the choice to get one, because one of his childhood companions was a rough Collie GSD cross. I almost have to wonder if some of breed taste preference doesn't have to do with family and environment, my grandmother also use to breed GSD's (late 50's, early 60's? I'm not exactly sure the dates), so herding breeds run deep for me.

Paige

Let it be
My love for herding breeds certainly does stem from my mom buying a sheltie as my first dog. Never looked back since.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I dont think I really have a "type". At least not that I am aware. I think I prefer taller, leaner, athletic type dogs. I like certain breeds that are thicker, but not as a whole. As for coat, IDK. Obviously a curly high maint. coat doesnt bother me. I am not drawn to dogs with a ton of coat though (newfs, saints, aussies, etc.). All I can think of when I look at them is the amount of hair around my house! LOL!

Aleron

This is pretty well perfect to me...

And in action...
http://youtu.be/OkQOgmdvqks

Square, moderate, fairly natural build but elegant looking, good leg length, square, athletic, fast, pointy headed, pointy eared dog. The fringy ears and "black goes with everything" coat are just a bonus :)

Gosh, this is a hard one. I like leggy dogs with pointy faces. I prefer pointy ears over dropped ears but I'm not to particular. But I want the dog to still maintain a slight 'goofy' expression.

Members online

No members online now.