Do your dogs talk in their sleep?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer is fast asleep right now and I kept hearing a wierd noise so I turned around and he's lying there doing dream barks and woofs, twiching his paws and generally looking like he's dreaming about chasing his buddies in daycare. :D

It's kind of bizarre when he does this at 3 in the morning though.

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Every night, at least once, and then you times it by two dogs! It always sounds to us like they're having nightmares (even though they're probably not) and we always say in a quite soft, beckoning, high-pitched voice...`Puppies! Puppies!' and they settle back down. I think it is very sweet... :)

Joey does that too! He hardly every barks, but it's not uncommon for him to start woofing in his sleep. Of course that's in between the snore sessions. lol!

2BlackDogs

Bear does it too. He woofs and growls in his sleep with his paws twitching.

One night it was almost midnight and he was sound asleep on the living room floor and we heard him start growling. Then he barked and he looked like he was running. His paws weren't just twitching he was running! He was still sounds asleep. After about a minute he clamed down. Scared the crap out of us though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
MR. Sheaffer (note Mom's new spelling, she feels it is classier) howled a long mournful howl in his sleep not to long ago.

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
Windy woo's in her sleep and also looks like she's running. The other day she snarled a little! I woke her up, it must have been a nightmare!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Major does......agh scared the DAYLIGHTS out of me the other night.....he was sleeping on his bed next to my bed......I am asleep too.....he starts growling and barking and kicking his paws :yikes:......I wake up thinking some one is in the house.....:rolleyes: :lol-sign:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ripley does on occasion - tiny little growls and whines.

Dakota snarls in his sleep. It's disturbing since he's been sleeping with his head on my pillow. The first night he did it, I turned on the light and he didn't wake up. All I saw were bared teeth and his eyes open, but rolling back into his head. I was afraid to touch him at first, I thought he was having a seizure. I finally touched him and he woke up, the lips covered the teeth again and he just gave me this weird, sleepy look.

I've gotten used to it, but my friends find it freaky.

squirtsmom

Squirt snores, and one night, my tiny toy poodle pounced on my foot in her sleep and bit me. Never ever done anything loike that before.

Saje

Island dweller
Maverick makes whooping crane yelps in his sleep. It's soo funny. I talk in my sleep! It drives steve nuts cuz he can't understand me and he wakes up thinking something's wrong.

Muggie'sMum

Mistress Wigglebutt
Sarah does and it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I usually wake her up because it usually sounds troubled. :p and then we go back to sleep - but she twitches a lot too - sometimes you have to sit right up, speak her name and shake her to wake her too.

elegy

overdogged
mushroom really doesn't (though he snores), but luce barks and yips and makes all kinds of noise sometimes. i find it especially amusing because she almost never barks when she's awake.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Lucy doesn't that much, but Millie yelps and woofs in her sleep along with her eyes rolling a little and her paws moving as though she's chasing something.

F

fastpitchchic

OMG I thought I was the only one who a talking dog. KC growls, barks, whines and howls in his sleep.

EliNHunter

Lol, RD... that's a good one ;)

Hunter definitely gets the dream sleep going... twitching, growling, running pawls. And every once in awhile he will let out a big ole HOWL without ever waking up!

Members online

No members online now.