Identification

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Well we have pretty good AC services. I don't mind paying fees if I'm actually paying for something. I'm often astonished at people's stories of how utterly useless their AC is.
We don't have AC which is probably part of the reason our licensing is so cheap. :eek:

momto8

6 of my dogs are chipped through Home Again
Courtney is chipped through EIDAP and Kiley is through 24 hr pet watch.

Courtney is also tattooed, she came to us with it.

My dogs wear Id tags whenever they are outside along with chip tags, rabies tags and license tags.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
1: Is your dog microchipped (I'm pretty sure less than 5% of the population is tattooed at this point)? If so, what company? Do you keep the information up to date?

The Malinois are chipped with AKC CAR. The pit bulls are not. The info is UTD but I'll probably forget to change it when we move.

2: Does your dog wear a collar with ID? If so, when? What other tags, if any, are on the collar?
Arnold always wears a collar but no tag, the malinois usually wear fur savers with no tags, Shamoo only wears a collar when she's out and about. I try to use the tags when we leave town but I usually suck at it.

3: If applicable, do you keep your dog licensed?
Nope, in fact my dogs are probably illegals, don't tell!

1) Only End in microchipped, done by the breeder, I actually am not sure of the company, I just know it's an international chip, required by the SCC to get those papers so I could have her registered with the AKC. Jinjo is not, and I opted eventually just to not do it at his age, although the 11 year old Corgi who ran off after fireworks went off outside his home that I've been following on Facebook is pretty disheartening, makes me think about it more. As far as I know, Noods isn't, at least his previous owner didn't say anything before they handing him off to my grandmother. We don't plan to have him done either.

2) Yes, my two wear tags on their collars, Jinjo now has a fetching tag which so far so good, it hasn't fallen off. And for those annoying dangle tags, they just seem to always fall off, or get beat to unreadability, so I don't like to use them. For End, she has a clip on collar tag from Boomerang tags, and I also bought a similar cheaper one that slide on a regular style buckle collar from Jeffers. And one of her change out collars I embroidered our phone number on it (before I had the embroidery machine, had to cut out one of the numbers twice and redo it). Noods, just has a plain 1/2" wide collar is all, he really doesn't wander and prefers the indoors. Oh! and no my dogs do not wear their rabies tags, I keep them on a keychain now because I got tired of them loosing their tags, and no as well to the license tags, I keep mine in a binder, Noods tag is still sitting on a desk because I refuse to make him my responsibility.

3) Yes all three of them are licensed by law. Use to be, some decades ago, AC would make rounds at least once a year to check on properties, they kept cutting back however till now where they really only fine you for an unlicensed dog if they catch it running at large or a neighbor complains/gets bitten. In order to get a license all dogs must have a rabies vaccine, and all dogs must be licensed if over 4 month old. Altered price, for the boys, is around $8 each (depends on county), and unaltered, Enda's price, is around $18 (depending on the county you're in).

MicksMom

1: Is your dog microchipped (I'm pretty sure less than 5% of the population is tattooed at this point)? If so, what company? Do you keep the information up to date?
Yep, with AVID. We haven't moved or changed phone numbers, so there hasn't been a need to update the info.

2: Does your dog wear a collar with ID? If so, when? What other tags, if any, are on the collar?
Except for when we go to bed, Caleb wears a collar 24/7. He has the following tags- Air Force dog tag, ID tag with our names, address and cell numbers on it, tag with the same info that came on the little plastic tag from AVID (both those tags are military style tags) and a township license tag. In my training bag, I have a clip with all the same tags on it, except a rabies tag replaces the township one.

3: If applicable, do you keep your dog licensed?
Yep

Last edited:

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Quinn only has ID tags. She has one with her name, two phone numbers, and "IF LOOSE I'M LOST" on it. This is on the same ring as her rabies tag, which has her vet's # and a number you can enter on getmehome.ca. It brings up Quinn's information like markings, my address, my home phone, my cell, my mom's cell, her vet's number again, and I edited her profile to say things like "spayed" "needs daily medication" "reward for return" and a warning to not try to integrate her with other dogs if they have any, to just call us ASAP. I also edited it with her sitter's 2 numbers when she was at his place.

elegy

overdogged
All three dogs are chipped with UTD phone numbers. Steve and Luce have HomeAgain chips, Mushroom's is AVID.

Luce and Mushroom wear their Fetching Tags all the time. Steve doesn't wear a collar at home, but wears his Fetching Tag when we go out. I'm anal about making sure all dogs are tagged in the car, just in case something would happen and we'd be in a wreck and they'd get loose.

All three are licensed. Steve has a lifetime license, the bullies just have annual licenses. I don't keep the tags on them, though, which makes my father crazy. He's all kinds of concerned that I'm going to get fined. I'm just... not that worried about it.

SpringerLover

I just spent like 8 billion hours getting the AKC CAR business updated. Did anyone else have the horrendous problem when HomeAgain and AKC CAR split that I did?

One of my cats was microchipped during that time (~2005) and his information only went to AKC CAR, not to HomeAgain. I didn't realize it and thankfully didn't need to report him lost but I had to jump through a billion hoops and much frustration to get it sorted out. I lost faith in the AKC CAR stuff at that point. I figured that since they're all "registered/enrolled" in it, I should probably get it updated.

Everyone finally has the correct vet and address listed. Next is to get pictures uploaded!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No chip in the Froman. Though had I thought about it at the time I would have had it done when he was under for the dental. If he ever has to go under again...

Yes to ID tags. I made one at work with his name on one side, and both our cell numbers on the back. I may re-do it when we move to have our apartment number on it. Maybe. He wears a collar with the ID tag at all times.

No to liscenses. Though right now I am kinda glad that I didn't since I would have had to re-do it when we moved anyway. He was always UTD on it in PA, and I will do it again once we move next month.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
No chip in the Froman. Though had I thought about it at the time I would have had it done when he was under for the dental. If he ever has to go under again...
You know you don't have to sedate them to chip them, right? I mean the dogs don't enjoy em and Sloan tried to eat the vet tech, lol, but you just hold the dog steady and inject.

SpringerLover

You know you don't have to sedate them to chip them, right? I mean the dogs don't enjoy em and Sloan tried to eat the vet tech, lol, but you just hold the dog steady and inject.
I don't think anyone wants to torture Frodo that much... I know I'd be unwilling to implant and I doubt Lauren would be willing to hold!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Good to know! Where do I go to get it? o_O
You can get them at most vet clinics in the area, I know for sure Burnsville Animal Clinic has them. I'm assuming you wouldn't have to be a client in order to get one.... but yeah other than vet clinics, uhhh I don't know. :p

I won't do it unless Juno is anesthetized because I'm a weenie about the needle lol. That thing is gigantic. Makes me cringe when I have to give dogs microchips.... Juno probably wouldn't even flinch but I don't care, I won't do it. :eek:

Saeleofu

Both Logan and Gavroche were fully awake when they were chipped and they didn't even seem to notice.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Mine all wear at least a fetching tag with my number on it. They're all microchipped as well. Ozzy and Enzo were under for their spay or neuter when they were done. Knox was not. He's a big wuss himself, but he was too busy trying to French me holding him to notice. (I'm not usually that close to his face :p )

Members online

No members online now.