Problem with viewing pictures..

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
I must have accidentally hit the wrong key or otherwise done something wrong because suddently all the pictures on Chaz (including my siggies) appear X-ed out & I can't see them. :(. Yesterday I was seeing them just fine.

Any ideas what I can do to solve the problem? It's killing me not being able to see the pictures on Chaz threads! :(:(:(

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
On all sites.

What does that mean? Should I talk to my IT guy.. if so, how do I describe the problem to him without pointing him to Chaz (I am supposed to be using my work computer for work-related things only, ya know :))

2dogmom

Pound Puppy
If you are using Internet Explorer then it may be that somehow the switch for displaying graphics got turned off.
Take a look at this link
http://www.microsoft.com/atwork/stayconnected/connections.mspx#EDB
even if you don't have the identical version, it should be very similar. If the "show pictures" check box isn't checked, it ain't gonna show any graphics.

2dogmom

Pound Puppy
I'm going to post one more link and then if this doens't help I don't know what else to tell ya.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807
This basically has the steps from beginning to advanced. I'd stick to the beginning / intermediate solutions.

It is possible that your IT has blocked images with a firewall - you can probably ask that question without raising any red flags. I mean, a lot of web sites display things like phone numbers etc in images rather than text so the spambots won't harvest them.

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
Thanks for your help.. I really am appreciated it.

I checked with the IT department, it seems like someone as they claimed, accidentally blocked off some websites, for example, we can't access yahoomail & hotmail right now - which they promise to fix after the holidays because everyone is calling them for help thinking that there're something wrong with their computers!

So it may have something to do with it.. Luckily they've not blocked Chaz.. or I'm going to be very very sad :eek:

Members online

No members online now.