Small lump on face?

noludoru

Bored Now.
When an animal has a very small lump right beside his eyelid that recently (few months) has lost all the hair covering it and grown slightly.. any ideas on what this could be? The little furry in question is getting a vet appointment, so it's going to be asked about, but the two vets he has seen so far have said it just looks like a lump and is nothing to be worried about. The recent growth is disturbing. Just wondering if you all have any input.

It's small, smooth, and oval-shaped, right on the side of his eyelid, and in the last few months started losing hair. Now there is almost no hair covering it and I realized it has grown 1/4 to 1/3 larger. I can provide a picture if anyone thinks that would help.

bubbatd

Yes these are common and usually are fine . If they bother the dog though , they are usually removed .

noludoru

Bored Now.
I don't know what a stye is, Jess.. I'll look it up and get back to you. :)

I don't think it is. They are often red and painful.. this is the same color as his skin and has been on him for much longer than a stye would be. In other respects it looks a lot like one. I will certainly ask the vet, though.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Have you noticed any discharge? If you've noticed any white creamy discharge its probably a sebaecous cyst (pretty much a huge zit). They are harmless, my guinea pig had one, and my cat (RIP Ashten) also had one. They usually crop up in older animals. If it doesn't discharge, it could be a benign cyst or ringworm! Daisy had a lump on her face like that a few years ago, it turned out to be ringworm.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Nope.. none... I do not think it's ringworm as it's been on him for well upwards of a year and has only recently started losing hair and hasn't spread.

Thank you for the info, Cristy. I'm going to ask the vet... the cyst explanation seems most likely?

Members online

No members online now.