Zeus is going to the vet....

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
...for a puncture wound on his left side. It's very small, about as big around as a pencil. But it looks a bit deep.

I have no clue where he got it from. He just came inside yesterday with it on him. It's bewildering. I'd say it looks like a bite puncture, but I dunno. Zeus and Voodoo weren't fighting or even playing very roughly. I wonder if Zeus ran into something in the yard.

I left it alone yesterday because it looked so small and didn't bleed very much. I just cleaned it well. But today, it is still gaping open and is oozing some clear fluid. Hopefully the vet can fix him up. I have an appointment in an hour. Poor Zeusy boy. :(

Debi

I was gonna guess a nail, too. poor baby. it's good to have them really clean it, tho. he may even be given an antibiotic. give him big hugs from me!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I didn't think to check for nails on our fence. Good idea. I'll take a good look around.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I'm back! I didn't get the usual vet today. I saw the other vet who works at that clinic; a relatively new arrival and looks to be fresh out of veterinary school. And I'm not very happy.

The vet was initially puzzled about what made the odd-looking puncture. But as soon as I said Zeus and Voodoo were in the yard together, she said that Voodoo attacked Zeus. It didn't matter that the boys were not fighting or even playing hard when the wound happened: Voodoo *obviously* attacked Zeus. It's like the vet blocked out everything I said.

She then proceeded to give me tips and hints as to how to deal with my dog aggression problem. For example: "Whenever you manage to get them together and behave peacefully, give them treats and praise." :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I am specifically requesting my usual vet every time I go back to that clinic.

But at least she did a good job of treating the wound. It was cleaned out well. I need to wash it with a diluted iodine solution and put some antibiotic ointment on it. Aside from that, all looks well. I'm glad my Zeusy boy is ok.

Last edited:

Fran27

Gosh, what a horrible vet... Glad it's better now though.

Boris got a bite once too, or it's what the vet said. They blamed Tips of course. I still wonder where he got it from.

bubbatd

Uncalled for !!! Hope all's well ! Any kids around with pellet guns ?? Give him a Grammy hug !

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Give him a Grammy hug !
Zeus is being quite spoiled by all the hugs he's getting today!

Renee, it really was a trial to be polite to her. She meant well and wasn't being malicious, but I don't like being ignored as if my observations didn't matter. I'm willing to chalk it up to her inexperience. Maybe it will get better after she practices for a while.

There's no excuse for blowing off a client's input. Ever. Are you considering telling your regular vet why you don't want to see the new one again? If your regular vet is the owner or a partner in the practice, he really needs to know that his new employee is detrimental to the well-being of the practice . . .

yoko

glad to hear he's going to be ok. sounds like they are new. tell your normal vet and drop it. always ask for him. if they ARE new, they don't have experience in dealing with the patients owners yet they'll learn.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Glad he is okay! :D Give him lots of huggers from me and Lizzie sends her play bows(which she has a lots of them today lol :rolleyes: )

Crazy vet....:rolleyes:

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Glad to hear Zeus is okay...

poor Voodoo, getting in trouble for something he didnt even do this time:mad:

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Nothing like a vet who takes the easy route. Kind of gives you confidence for the future in more complex situations, hey?
I'm glad he's ok though.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Meh be easy on her. Mention it to the other vet so he can explain it to the girl. She probably IS just out of vet school which means she's most likely doing a residency meaning she's still learning.

Staff online

Members online