Internet Hunting

savedogs

Has anyone heard of "Internet Hunting"?
I posted an article from the Humane Society on my blog about it.

Apparently, people are paying to shoot and hunt animals via remote-controlled rifles and webcams. If they kill an animal, it is sent to them freezer-packed.

Here's a link to the article: http://savedogs.typepad.com

I hope it is outlawed soon--the main place it has happened is in Texas. Go Figure.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
I'd seen a TV programme on it a few months back and couldn't believe it then. How sick can you get! I can't put into words what should happen to the people who run these things, they disgust me.

Despicable. I saw something about it the other night on the TV. The guy running it was trying to justify it by the example of the big game hunter who was paralyzed and said the internet hunting gave him "a reason to live." If killing is what gives him a reason to live, he needs to take a long, hard look at himself and decide if he can find another, worthwhile reason to live - or just quit taking up space and air.

Tbecker48

Renee750il said:
Despicable. I saw something about it the other night on the TV. The guy running it was trying to justify it by the example of the big game hunter who was paralyzed and said the internet hunting gave him "a reason to live." If killing is what gives him a reason to live, he needs to take a long, hard look at himself and decide if he can find another, worthwhile reason to live - or just quit taking up space and air.
WELL SAID!!!!

Anyone ever read a short story called "The Most Dangerous Game?" It was about a man who was stranded on a remote island where a legendary big game hunter lived and hunted. The hunter was bored with hunting animals, so he took advantage of this man being stranded, welcomed him, fed him, treated him as an honored guest, then gave him a head start and used him as the ultimate prey. Several movies have been made using the story as a basis for the screenplay adaptation.

I've also read that in England and even here in the U.S. where fox hunting has historically been a part of the culture some hunting groups are leaving the foxes alone. A person is the "fox" and the hunt goes on as usual. No one gets shot, of course, but that's a far better hunt than terrorizing a wild animal. I know that in some places foxes are a real problem, but chasing a wild animal with packs of dogs and horses and horns is just torture.

Saje

Island dweller
Renee750il said:
Anyone ever read a short story called "The Most Dangerous Game?" It was about a man who was stranded on a remote island where a legendary big game hunter lived and hunted. The hunter was bored with hunting animals, so he took advantage of this man being stranded, welcomed him, fed him, treated him as an honored guest, then gave him a head start and used him as the ultimate prey. Several movies have been made using the story as a basis for the screenplay adaptation.

I've also read that in England and even here in the U.S. where fox hunting has historically been a part of the culture some hunting groups are leaving the foxes alone. A person is the "fox" and the hunt goes on as usual. No one gets shot, of course, but that's a far better hunt than terrorizing a wild animal. I know that in some places foxes are a real problem, but chasing a wild animal with packs of dogs and horses and horns is just torture.
I remember that story. I couldn't remember the name but it stuck with me. Many times it's popped into my mind. Just one of those stories. Like the Chrysalids and many others. I barely remember there names but part of them always stays with me. I should start collecting them.

Brattina88

I remember that story. I found it rather disturbing, as with the internet hunting. And people wonder why I like animals better than people most of the time *rollseyes*

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Unbelieveable!!!! :mad: This is the sort of thing that gives responsable hunters/woodsmen like my Dad a bad name!! :mad:

Members online

No members online now.