Eating in bed?

GoingNowhere

Just because I'm sitting here in bed eating cheese and crackers, contemplating all the crumbs it might leave, but not really caring, and wondering if I'm odd.

So... do you eat in your bed? Regularly? Just on special occasions? Never?

Anywhere else weird? My main eating location is my bedroom desk which is also probably a bit odd. I do it mainly because it allows me the opportunity to multitask while eating when I don't have anyone else around to eat with. We have a dining room table downstairs, but it's covered in roommates' stuff and honestly I probably wouldn't use it regularly even if it was clear. I'm not much of a TV person, but on the occasions that I do turn the TV on for myself, I might munch away on the couch as well.

What's your norm?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Depends on how tired I am, but yes, I do eat in bed. Just not under the covers, usually, no crumbs between sheets.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I just sat in bed and shoveled like 800 calories into my face. Yes I eat in bed. Frequently.

Snark

Mutts to you
Nope, never have, probably never will. For me, it's usually trays in the living room because they can hold a dinner plate and a laptop, and the TV is there, too. I multi-task, too; reading the news on the internet and watching TV, while munching on dinner.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
A lot less frequently than I used to. Most of the time I eat in the kitchen, but if I'm having a snack or something usually I'll sit at my desk while I'm on the computer/watching TV. I just don't really like sitting in my bed for anything, other than reading.

Unless I don't feel good. Then yes, bring my meals to my bed. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Nope.

I haven't eaten in bed ever since I moved into my apartment. So almost 2 years.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I eat in bed all the time. Mainly it's because we live in someone's basement and don't really have a designated spot to eat right now until we move. So ya, eating in bed is a fairly regulated thing.

Saeleofu

Yes. I do everything in bed, which is awful, and I'm trying to fix that. I just got a comfy chair yesterday that can be my "sit on the computer and do crap" chair, and I made a corner into an "office" for homework and stuff. I'm TRYING to get to the point where bed is for bed...but I don't know if I can give up the watching TV in bed thing :p

When I lived on my own I didn't have a table to eat at, so I ate wherever...usually at the computer desk. When I had a roommate, we had a table, but we rarely used it unless we had people over or we cooked something together/shared a meal. Now, living with my parents, most dinners are at the table, most lunches are at the living room table (with TV/computer), and everything else is wherever.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I NEVER eat in bed, even if I'm under the weather. We also don't have a TV or computer in our bedroom.

Usually I eat meals at our kitchen table or on the couch.

Not usually no.

Not because I'm opposed to it, but because it's boring to eat in my room. I would rather eat in the kitchen or the livingroom and watch tv while I eat instead of sitting in my room staring at my wall.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I used to eat in the bed at my parents house, every now and then. More often on the couch. Then I moved in with my boyfriend and we were basically living in a room so he ate at his computer desk, I ate in the bed. I literally ate almost every meal in bed. It was strange NOT to.

Now we are moved out into our own place and I think I have eaten a pickle, in the bedroom once, lol. But nothing in the bed. We don't have a TV or computer in the bedroom now, even. So instead I eat a lot more on the couch. lol

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I eat in bed when I am a.) sick and can't leave the bed and b.) it is my birthday, because I get breakfast in bed. ^^

(Oh, and I guess after...certain activities in the bed that would happen before sleep, I would often crave a snack, so I'd munch on that in bed, too.)

I don't like having crumbs in the bed, so I try to avoid eating crummy things when at all possible.

I do, however, eat all of my meals on the couch because I don't have a table. But not in the bed.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I have two TVs in my room, and my computer is a laptop, so yes. I used to more often, when everybody was home all the time (so the main tv and computer were being used by somebody else), but I still will now and then.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
No.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.
Crumbs and food stains and just.. no.
I will OCCASIONALLY eat on the sofa (slumber parties, game of thrones is on etc..)
but otherwise.. I eat at the table.

- If I eat in bed that means I'm watching TV and my brain DOES NOT COMPUTE food when I'm watching anything (I could eat enough to feed a small family and still be hungry)
- If I eat in bed that means crumbs in bed
- If I eat in bed I risk staining my sheets
- If I eat in bed that means my bed will smell of food and not of clean laundry
- If I eat in bed my body will equate being in bed=eating. Which means I will be hungry when I lie down (my body is weird and makes weird associations like that)

So no.
It's one of my weird "things".. I don't let anyone eat in my bed ever.
I even have a HUGE quilt that goes over it if anyone even wants to sit on it...

the bed is for sleeping, sex, internet surfing and occasionally studying.

milos_mommy

Not typically, but recently I have if the baby is sleeping on the bed and I need to watch her. I do if I'm sick, but that's it - although sometimes I did when I lived by myself for a few reasons...working on school stuff, roommate working at dining table, no AC except in bedrooms.

I almost always eat at the table, but sometimes do eat in the living room with the TV tray table.

My BF always eats in front of the TV on the couches. If I start to eat at the table he'll call me a weirdo and ask me to sit with him in the living room

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Not usually no.

Not because I'm opposed to it, but because it's boring to eat in my room. I would rather eat in the kitchen or the livingroom and watch tv while I eat instead of sitting in my room staring at my wall.
Exactly that ^

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I used to when I was single and before we had a house.

Now I never do. The bedroom is upstairs and daily life takes place downstairs in the living areas of the house...

CaliTerp07

Now I never do. The bedroom is upstairs and daily life takes place downstairs in the living areas of the house...
Yeah, that. I can't think of why I would fix a plate of food in the kitchen and trek it upstairs to eat, when there is a table right next to the kitchen!

Plus, omg, my dad was suuuuuuuper strict about NO FOOD IN THE BEDROOMS growing up, so if I'm so much as munching a bagel and walk upstairs to put something away with the bagel still in my hand, I secretly feel guilty.

The exception being when I'm really, really sick. Usually sick = couch time though.

Members online

No members online now.