Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

LauraLeigh

Well, that's the fun thing about the dog world in any avenue. Lots of shady people who look like saints, but behind the scenes aren't really all that awesome. Which is why there are people like those on Chaz, who are experts at finding the truth behind these sorts of things.
Ain't that the truth......

I can think of one case where a home looked amazing, a supposed high level sport home.... And it turned into a nightmare for the breeder involved.. And the dog of course...

Barbara!

I like Teal, I REALLY do. But you have to remember her history with her dogs and re-homing them. And well the pictures don't lie. That being spoken, I do recall Red having some abuse accusations on another forum as well. I don't remember them clearly, but I remember them.

I don't know the beef between the two of them, but again the pictures can't lie and you have to wonder......how much do we REALLY know about Teal?
Teal has/had photos of the Fila when he was in her care. Photos don't lie, but the people who take them do. How can we be sure these photos were taken in the right time period/ time frame? Certainly not sure enough to make such serious accusations.

Lyzelle

See? I have a different word for that...I call that a stalker with no time on their hands. To dredge up a year old thread? RedChrome must have a little obsession with Teal... What's the deal?

And like I said, there was no tact. To make an accusation like that publicly? Ha! Good thing Internet forums exist because God knows she wouldn't make an accusation like that without hiding behind a keyboard.
Not a stalker. There's nothing wrong with finding out the truth about people you might otherwise trust with your dogs.

And that dog WAS in the possession of Teal, as per this photo. Same markings.

Barbara!

Not a stalker. There's nothing wrong with finding out the truth about people you might otherwise trust with your dogs.

And that dog WAS in the possession of Teal, as per this photo. Same markings.

And how, in this photo, does he look abused, exactly?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I think it has a lot more to do with making sure this doesn't happen again. That no dog is once again placed in a home where it comes out of it looking like that.
I was warned before now as a few chazzers had puppies the OP was interested in and was told to kindly suggest maybe they'd be happier selling elsewhere due to the endless rehome history.

Well, that's the fun thing about the dog world in any avenue. Lots of shady people who look like saints, but behind the scenes aren't really all that awesome. Which is why there are people like those on Chaz, who are experts at finding the truth behind these sorts of things.
We know someone who rehomed a puppy to a big name agility competitor. Squee great home. We heard rumours before the dog left of abusive conditions. No water at trial grounds, etc... Hard to substantiate. Turns out it was true. Dog was taken back sometime later possibly a little worse for wear. Still is a big name and more respected than she should be.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Having personally rescued a dog placed in a "well respected" show and performance home on a co ownership, whose owner had a lovely website that extolled the virtues of raw feeding and being super lovely and kind to dogs, I will never believe internet fronts again. Tribute was kept in a literal dump and left tied outside on the end of a choke chain 24/7 in sub freezing weather (bull terrier with no undercoat). She still has a ring of white around her neck from the scarring that choke caused.

All I'm going to add at this point is that this breeder does have an excellent reputation and in the Fila world, that's not all that easy to come by.

I will add one more thing -- size will tell if the time period is accurate. Fila puppies don't stay the same size very long.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Barbara, I will say when I considered placing a dog with her I had enough people PM, call, & email me to "just be careful." The reasons were history of dogs, life choices, and unanswered questions. Too many things were weird. I genuinely think her dogs look great in photos, she talks a good game, seems like a nice chick but in the end I have seen too many strange dog stories from her for me to not look at this and go, "Crap..." As opposed to jump up and say, "No, never!"

I was great friends with an old, before your time, pit bull breeder. Of course, I too was shocked when her dogs were found locked in crates filled with poop, a few tied to a fence, and a few dead, all because of a drug addiction.

**** can be hidden pretty well, some of us have been online and in dog communities for long enough that we begin to reserve our trust a wee bit.

Red Chrome

Barbara, I say things to people face to face just as quick as I do online. So yeah, I'd be the saying the same thing without a keyboard.

Muttkip- There was that 1 accusation against me made by a former roommate and ex-friend. There was NEVER any validity to it. I take ALL my dogs to shows and classes regularly. I have excellent references and if you're interested I will provide you with my vet's phone number and my references as well.

IF you look back on Jairi's history of rehoming dogs, it is frequent. And if you look for the pictures of Bullseye(Collin) there are none from Jairi in the last month or so that she had him.

I believe Dianna. I don't know why this happened but I have my suspicions it has happened before with other dogs that were rehomed. No proof but just my suspicions.

yoko

See? I have a different word for that...I call that a stalker with no time on their hands. To dredge up a year old thread? RedChrome must have a little obsession with Teal... What's the deal?

And like I said, there was no tact. To make an accusation like that publicly? Ha! Good thing Internet forums exist because God knows she wouldn't make an accusation like that without hiding behind a keyboard.
We don't know how it was brought up. If I was talking to someone and remembered an old Chaz dog and asked about it and got news I'd definitely post it here.

For something like this I'd probably find the old thread too. It would be easier than posting a new one and having to constantly remind people what was said when they can see the source right here. No misquoting no leaving out info it's all here.

And honestly after having some Chaz friends on FB I do think quite a few people would still bring up abuse person to person as well. Out side of chaz all of us are still dog lovers, competitors, and rescuers. Being online does make it easier to speak but it doesn't change what you love and what you'll stand up for. I've called animal control on people and I've confronted people I don't think have any business owning animals before and each time I wasn't 'hiding behind a keyboard'

I don't know if you've noticed this but Chaz looks out and helps each other. In hard times I've seen Chaz step up and take other Chazzers dogs, I've seen rescue trains, I've seen people refer members to breeders they know personally. As a community where RL does end up melting into the online community I think knowledge of stuff like this is important. You don't believe it? You are free to rehome foster dogs to her or to refer her to a breeder and put in a good word. You believe it you don't.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'll go check on RCs dogs next month, in fact I plan to steal LoLa. ;)

Seriously though, the truth is we all have a story or two of vengeance out there but hopefully we don't have a dozen or more. At that point it starts to look suspicious.

Xandra

They can't have been taken too long after he was out of her care as he is still quite young.

Honestly I think being an Internet stalker is neither here nor there in this instance.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I was going to stay out of this both last year and now but I do have a question. does Teal still have the Boston terrier? How about Bindah? I don't see them in pictures anymore. If not, what happened to them?

There was never really an explanation about Angus, Lyric, or Polaris that I saw either.

Maybe there's a good explanation but it's enough to make me think. That's a lot of dogs in a short time on chaz. People on chaz have rehomed dogs in the past but there is an explanation that goes with.

Anyways, I'm going to crawl back away now.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Great example of Teal's stories....is the puppy Polaris and her Bull Terrier. And I've ALWAYS wondered what happened to Lyric?

Red Chrome

I recently outed a local pit bull "rescue" to the authorities. They were shut down. So I do the same in real life.

At the end of the day, I care about the dogs. ALL dogs.

Since you are her good friend....Where are Lyric and Angus? Last I knew she still had them and then they disappeared.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I was going to stay out of this both last year and now but I do have a question. does Teal still have the Boston terrier? How about Bindah? I don't see them in pictures anymore. If not, what happened to them?

There was never really an explanation about Angus, Lyric, or Polaris that I saw either.

Maybe there's a good explanation but it's enough to make me think. That's a lot of dogs in a short time on chaz. People on chaz have rehomed dogs in the past but there is an explanation that goes with.

Anyways, I'm going to crawl back away now.

According to her the BT and Bindah live with her parents? <removed> Stick to the dog and leave family/kids out of it please.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it within the rules of this forum to slander someone so badly?
I'm honestly a little confused Barbara. Are you saying it's not the same dog? Are you saying the pictures are doctored? Are you saying the breeder is making this all up? Are you saying Red Chrome is making this all up?

Members online

No members online now.