Introducing Gunner.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Drove up to Wyoming today to meet and greet/pick up Gunner, a dog I listed a while back in the Petfinder Crushes thread. He is a BC/ACD mix that is about a year old.

Our morning started off meeting up with a leg for a transport in Fort Collins for an Aussie mix. The Aussie mix was very shy and not quite sure what to make of everything, however he rode great and got along well with everyone.

Our first transport, Limerick:

Sorry he is kind of hard to see behind the barrier.

After that, we headed up to Wyoming. We met up in Casper at an agility trial that Joan, the HeRD Coordinator, was running in. We handed off Limerick, and Gunner was brought out. He and Harlow instantly got along and he took all of the chaos around him in stride. We made our decision (after talking extensively with his foster mom last week) to take him home with us and give Harlow a little brother. We hung out at the agility trial for about 45 minutes and let the two warm up and finished up the paperwork.

Beginning the ride back:

More...

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
She was not thrilled

When he took her spot in the car

Finally home after a long trip from Montana to Wyoming to Colorado!

He currently resides under the table:

A better adoption page pic:

We are unsure if we will keep or change his name. I'm seriously considering Skoal, as he is already following me around in my back pocket (even though I don't chew ;) ), however he doesn't seem to respond to it super well, though that may change after he settles in a little bit... and my coworker told me to "seriously consider a different name". She is from Naples, FL and thinks I'm crazy for getting this breed and that I am too hillbilly, so I don't take this to heart. Haha.

Time to go change my siggy! PS, sorry for the huge pictures.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Very cute. I'm sure the two of them will become best friends once they get to know each other a little better.

Members online

No members online now.