Keeshounds

Penquin

Hi! I am new here and actually came here to see if I could get some information on a dog I am thinking about adopting. He is a Keeshound my daughter fell in love with at the local Animal Control shelter. We have spent some time with him and he seems like a real sweety. I have also gone to several Keeshound sites and they sound like wonderful dogs but since I have never had any contact with this breed I really don't know what to expect other than alot of hair.:D If anyone has any information on this breed and especially on whether they are good with kids and other animals I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
my obedience instructor breeds and shows keeshonden. they are lovely dogs temperament wise (including being sociable with kids and other animals), but be prepared for a lot of grooming. :)

Penquin

Thanks guys! SOunds like everything I've read about this breed is pretty right on. Sounds like this might be a breed that will fit right in to our home.:D

Penquin

Well, we got our rescue yesterday and so far he is a joy. He was defienlty someones pet at some point because he knows sit and shake, walks well on aleash, seems housebroken so far, and LOVES car rides! He was a really good boy at the vet and has been pretty ok with allthe kids and animals in and around this house. He has growled a couple of times at my other dog but he stops as soon as you tell him NO. Hopefully that will stop once they get a little more used to one another.

B

BlackDog

Our neighbors had a keeshond for the longest time. He was a great dog. Very calm and quiet. Finally, he got so old they had to put him to sleep. They were very upset. Now they have like 4 labs. The opposit in personality of their keeshond.

MayasMom

Congratulations on your new Keeshond! My parents have an 8 year old named Zeus and he is a great dog. He's very smart and very sweet. I think you will be very happy with your new dog.

Members online

No members online now.