Brutus is vomiting, he ate my peace lilly

filarotten

Fila the love
I looked it up in the sticky for poisonous plants, however it only said most lillys are poisonous. Nothing more, He has vomited twice,he's moving around but doesn't look like he feels well. Is there another name for this plant? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

yoko

try looking up peace lily on yahoo or google. maybe you could find the scientific name or another name for it. but if it says most are poisionous and your dog is acting like that i'd try to atleast get ahold of a vet on the phone

filarotten

Fila the love
I did look it up on line, which said they are poisonous. I called the emergency vet, that our vet recommends. They said lillys can cause liver damage.
He is still moving around and is not lethargic, they said to give him pedialite, and pepto bismol. And watch him if he gets worse to bring him tonight, and they will do blood work and give fluids if necessary.

filarotten

Fila the love
Thanks Yoko, for caring. Hopefully he will be ok. I am making an appointment with my vet in the morning for blood work, if he is stable through the night. The vet suggested pedialite and pepto bismol. Hubby is buying pediatlite as I type.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I can't offer any suggestions, but Brutus is in my thoughts tonight. I hope he's okay.

bubbatd

Let us know how he's doing ! When living in Texas, I learned that the castor plant was poisonous too.

filarotten

Fila the love
It seems half of my yard is poisonous. I guess living in a subtropical climate isn't always good. Hubby got the pedialite and Brutus is drinking it(bubble gum flavor) and I am going to give him some pepto bismol. But, I don't know how much to give him, they didn't tell me. I'm sorry. I just can't lose another dog. I guess I still haven't gotten over losing my Great Danes.

did you get the pills or the liquid the pills Id say one and a half as he is big.If its liquid it will be hard Sasha hates the taste of it but try about a tablespoon of it.most of it wont be taken in if its liquid.

filarotten

Fila the love
Hubby got the liquid, I mixed it with the pediaite. He drank most of it. Guess it's wait and see now. ( did put in a tablespoon)

filarotten

Fila the love
Poor baby, but he is so tuff he never complains, sometimes that worries me more. If he whined I would at least no he didn't feel good. Right now is laying on my bed. he has been out three times in the last hour but so far hanging in there, so far no more vomiting. Thanks gsg, for your concern...By the way when do you get your new puppy?

due to that nasty breeder not likely until Summer now.I hope he starts doing better soon.I really hope he is ok.Its is sad to loose a dog.Hubbys parents dog is being put to sleep on Monday.Hubby is upset about it but the dog is 13 is deaf and blind and needs this to ease his pain.It is very hard on them but I hope they realise it is time.I hope he feels better soon though,its tough when they are strong ones.

filarotten

Fila the love
He seems to be resting ok. He is snoring as a matter of fact. I am keeping an eye on him. Sorry to hear about hubbys' parents' dog. No matter what the circumstances it a rough time. Having to make that decision is so hard.

are you a light sleeper.I sleep with one eye open so I know what the dogs are up to.I am glad he is sleeping good.I hope he feels better in the morning.It sucks but chief needs to be put out of his pain.He should have been put to sleep at least 6 months ago.

filarotten

Fila the love
Yes, I am a very light sleeper. Plus, Brutus sleeps with us, or rather we sleep with him as he has taken over our bed. I will probably be the one that gets no sleep tonight. he and hubby are both crashed on the bed. Brutus is now sleeping next to dad, and dad has his arm around Brutus. Hubbys' are so strange. Keith fusses about things like this when they happen and has to put on this macho attitude. But yet, he is the one that went to the store and got the pedialite and is asleep with his arm around Brutus. lol
I still hate they have to put their dog to sleep. But then again, it is really sad to make them suffer. I think the one thing I regret the most with Duke, is we put him through so much trying to save him. He might have been better off if we would have put him down long before we did. It is so heartbreaking to see them hurt and suffer, but yet, you hate to let them go. At least the dogs will be in that great doggie place beyond the rainbow bridge. When do you get your new puppy?

filarotten

Fila the love
When my granddaughter is here I don't sleep. I get up and check on her throughout the night. I guess when I had my son 23 years ago I learned to sleep with my ears open. Same with the dogs I am the one that hears them. Brutus usually has a 4:30 a.m. wake up call for the bathroom. If he could just make it to 5:00 hubby would get up with him, as that is when the alarm goes off for him. Roxie and I prefer to sleep in until 7:30,then Brutus gets up also. Maggie is now, a 9:00 dog, she does not get up before then. I guess she needs her beauty sleep.
Glad you have the puppy lined out. Hopefully you can get her in the spring instead of the fall. I hate waiting for a new puppy. It seems like it takes forever.

ours both sleep until 7 am or when Gwen my daughter gets up.Sasha slept on our bed the whole night.Must be cause its getting colder.I cant wait for my puppy but now I have to.Its worth it in the long run.I am glad he is feeling better today.

Members online