BC's?

~Tucker&Me~

So...
I have an update! A local rescue just got in a litter of 8 BC pups :D.

I know I have posted several times about herding breeds, so this could be a possibility!

Now... Do you think they are actually BC's? I know they come in sable and blk/wht, but I thought yellow was disqualified? So I am assuming they are BC mixes? If I do end up adopting one, I would REALLY like to get into sports competetively ya know? So I would like your opinion on if they look BCish :D.

Here's the link:

http://www.bcbordercollies.com/bc/individual/dwarves.htm

Oh, and which one do you think is the best looking? (just curious, looks aren't a priority, though they do help.... LOL)

~Tucker

RD

Are you dead yet?
Sent you a PM. I'm really partial to Dopey and Sleepy, what gorgeous markings on those two!

For the record, yes sable and "yellow" are normal BC colors. Those pups could very easily be purebred.

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
i think they look more like aussie pups to me, but they are gorgeous all the same :D:D:D:D

~Tucker&Me~

I quite like Dopey and the other sables marking's as well :D.

Yes, some of them do look similiar to Aussie's. I noticed that as well.

Although a companion is my main reason, I wouldn't mind a sport dog... So I am thinking that they look like Aussie/borders or something alon that line. I don't think they will be TOO bad :D.

I kinda don't think they will adopt to me though :(.
My parents WILL say that I will be the main caregiver, and I doubt they will think that I will stick with it :(.

~Tucker

Toller_08

They look purebred to me. Border Collies come in all sorts of colours and 'shapes'. I personally like both sable boys "Bashful", and "Snow White".

sam

It's reeeeeally hard to judge breed at that age. My *guess* is that they are not purebred just b/c sable is so rare and oopsie litters often have multiple fathers or are not purebred. People trying to unload litters will tell rescue groups all kinds of things to get them to take the litter so I'd take whatever was told to them with a large grain of salt. I don't see aussie at all. Herdy mutts make nice dogs though, so I wouldn't let that stop me, unless you have your heart set on a pb bc.
I like the b&w boy Bashful- love the wide white blaze, but I would go by personality when I talk to the foster family, watch how they play etc The bcbordercollie rescue people know what they are doing and care about matching pups with appropriate homes- great place to get a pup IMO.

~Tucker&Me~

Thanks for the input!

Is there any indications about how much drive a dog will have? I REALLY want a working one, so if you have any ideas let me know!

~Tucker

Lizmo

Water Junkie
They are SOOOOOO REALLY VERY CUTE!!!! :D :D :D

I really like Grumpy and Sneezy and Snow White! :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
They will be able to evaluate which ones are more drivey and energetic, more suitable for sports. They are good at matchmaking, I'd trust them to help you pick out a pup.

Members online

No members online now.