New garden pics

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THere are many gold finches singing in my yard this evening. They keep checking, not ready, not ready, but it won't be long now. I will have to sneak out in the morning and sit still and try to get a pic of them checking on their seeds. They remind me of the children at the guild when they have the cotton candy machine ready. I love seeing a seed become a plant like this, I have one that I can't wait to see what it is going to do. IT is a giant of a giant, and is setting out multiple blooms.I also have a buck that is coming up and nibbling nibbling the outskirt sunflowers. SO my fingers crossed that he doesnt' get too brave.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is an heirloom yellow growing in the old washtub I had that grapefruit tree in. I hammered in about a dozen more holes in the bottom of it, and added good soil. Aiden has taken a personal interest in his "pumpkins" so when they ripen I will have to make him a bacon pumpkin and lettuce sandwich. He will not call that a tomato, no matter how many times I say it. Once I moved it to a different location. He came down the sidewalk and registered shock until he saw where I had put it, and wanted back in his place. :) He has watered it with his little cup from his swimming pool religiously.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

My grandson has taken to the tomato plant. HE is 3, he has called it his Pumpkin since the very green beginnings. I love times a billion that his yellow tomato ended up being as orange as a pumpkin and I can't wait to take it to him this evening.
Here is a girl all of one year old that is one heck of a good weeder, and then carries her treasure to the little stone boy. The first time I saw that it warmd my heart. All the babies have loved the little stone boy. I am not one for lawn art, but this one, I have had since my son was little 20 years ago. He is such a part of it, and each child has been drawn to him in their own way.

SHe use to sit, and then walk through, but now...... it's her world too and she runs with pleasure from one part to another.

Just pretty...I don't even like tomatoes until they are about bbq sauce but I love growing them for Mom and Hyia, and now the babies. Just thought this photo was pretty.

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, I'd love to have some of those pumpkins "aka tomatoes" in my yard. It's so nice to have the statue all this time for all the children to enjoy. Baylee sure is a cutie and a very good helper. So how did Aiden like his pumpkin?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mommy is frying it up for him today. I will let you know. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My weeding sweetie who is rawking awesome. Already a hard worker. She liked filling up the truck and rolling it down the walk as she worked and then backing it up to dump it out. More fun than her pink wheelbarrow.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh my, Baylee is so adorable. I'm glad she's learning how to enjoy doing this outside in the fresh air.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Tired of them yet? I hope not..every day I am just amazed at how pretty they are. I love my giants one and all.
Blue skies...shining above. A glorious day, of lovely weather., .

Members online