Questions about feeding RAW

juliefurry said:
Ok, what is a raw diet...may i ask? Is it exactly what it sounds like? If you feed raw meat must you cook it first? :confused: I don't know about raw diets, so excuse me for sounding like an idiot (I'm used to feeding out of a bag). I am just a little curious at what it is and why people would feed it to their dog. Thanks! :)
A raw diet consists of raw meat and bones, raw shredded vegetables, organ meat, and supplements. Mordy's right--if you cook it, it ain't raw anymore :). We feed it to our girls because 1. it's natural 2. we've had great results.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Thanks for explaining it. I was really confused about the whole thing. You're always told never to eat raw meat so I just figured that if raw meat wasn't good for us then it wasn't good for them either. I'll still to giving him the eagle pack though, I don't think I would be able to give him what he needed if I started him on a raw diet.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah. It's not for everyone. :) I'm going to start doing it just because I can't seem to get a brand of dog food up here that I'm happy with. Seems that feeding a variety is key among other things. :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Adrienne said:
so I am assuming that I am using the wrong kind then becasue I bought the Heinz ACV from our grocery store. Could you please let me know if I am using the wrong kind, I would really appreciate it.
yep, the heinz kind isn't what you want. it's far too processed. :)

the brand i buy is bragg, which is organic and untreated. :)
http://www.bragg.com/products/applecidervinegar.html

Members online

No members online now.