i found an article about toys

lanakoko

pet toys!

I found the greatest store ever to shop at for all my lil princess toys! Petmountain.com is the place, their prices are hands down the best you will find anywhere. My little princess loves her toys and they have the absolute best prices on Kong Toys and are having a cash giveaway right now! So i placed 2 orders lol:) Hey, every 250th order wins so i am doubling my chances! Princess can always use more toys and treats:)

cJw314

Vicarious Owner
I'm wondering the same things now; so many toys to choose from, although only a handful are useful/beneficial.

I'd love to see some suggestions to vet dog owners as to what types of toys their pups tend towards.

So far, I only plan to get a Kong - and am undecided as to what else. Do we really have to have squeaky toys? :eyeroll:

Maxy24

The more toys the better, but rotate them. There is no use in having them all available, the dog will just be bored with 20 toys instead of 5.

You'll want a few hard rubber toys for chewing, some soft toys to fling around and play with, some toys for tug (Tucker likes those long stuffed dog toys from the petsmart commercial), some tennis balls for fetching (Tucker likes the ones that squeak), and a toy or two that you can fill with food to occupy him when he's alone or being super nosy. Tucker can kill most stuffed toys, but they sell the ones without stuffing now which is nice.

Tucker has a kong but honestly it's not very useful for us. When he was teething he'd chew it a bit but not as much as his nylabones. You can put food in them but not a whole lot and not a large variety, soft foods like peanut butter and yogurt work well but Tuck doesn't like PB and the yogurt gets eaten super fast unless it's frozen which requires us to think ahead, not something we are great at lol. I got him one of these: Starmark Fun Ball Dog Toy - Toys - Dog - PetSmart for christmas and it's great for filling with treats when he's looking to get into trouble (starts trying to steal things from the table) or is left alone. You can use big treats or small treats depending on how difficult you want to make it. I usually do a combination of both small and large treats (I use a jerky type treat so i can rip it into different sizes) that keep him from getting discouarged while also keeping him busy for a longer time. I love it, he loves it, my cat loves it :rolleyes:

You'll find out what your dog likes, each dog has their own preferance. But introduce hard toys early on, I know many dogs who won't TOUCH hard toys because they were not given hard toys. Now they only like stuffed toys, which is limiting.

cJw314

Vicarious Owner
Wow, thanks for the good info, Maxy!

I've been off, reading the "Must Have Puppy Items" thread, as there are a lot of toy suggestions there as well. :D

yeah! nice post... i have a shih tzu puppy, I named him plong2x... hehe... perfect coz i think hes getting to that teething age...

Members online

No members online now.