Snip (the dog) may have a new home... (sad and happy)

Dekka

Just try me..
Story is...

My friend got a new appt early in the summer. She thought she wanted a dog and borrowed Kaiden for a few weeks to see if she could handle a dog down town Toronto. They had a blast.

School has been crazy and I haven't been able to give the dogs enough attention. Poor Snip with his love of killing all things quarry like (including cats) can't go for off leash romps around the farm. The LGD on neighbouring farms make it so I can't walk him down the road... I don't have time to drive him somewhere and walk him. THe poor guy was just seeing the inside of the house and dog yard day after day.

Well my friend has always loved Snip (that is who she wanted to borrow initially.. but Snip is my second mostest favorite dog evar..) And Snip thinks she is pretty cool.

He is now on trial with her. I am both happy and sad it seems to be working out. For the first night he would keep going to the door and whine. The next morning she took him to the park and ran around with him (on leash) chasing squirrels. This turns out to be the best bonding activity evar according to Snip. Her dad came over for lunch (to meet Snip, he was totally in love with Kaiden) and brought gifts for Snip. (cuz toy, chewies etc) She plans to sign up for some rally classes and will still bring him to JRT events.

He seems to have settled in happily. I am not sure if I am more happy or sad. I know this is the best for them, and keeping him would be selfish of me when he could have someone who adores him and has time to give him what he needs. But I really miss him. (I have been calling every day to see how its going)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Well, I've told you this already, but from what you've told me, I think it's the best move for Snip. He seems to be doing great in this new home. So great of her to keep him involved in everything, and you'll get to see him at JRT events!

I always strongly admire people who not only realize when their dog needs a different environment, but makes the effort to find them the RIGHT home that will give them just what they need.

Kudos. :) Snip's gonna have a blast, and you made the right decision.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
(((((((((Dekka))))))))))

Been there myself, I know how difficult it is to send them off.

It sounds like a really great home for him!! :D

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
good decisions are usually the toughest....sounds like you made the right choice for him. Does she have Kaiden as well? Or just Snip?

Dekka

Just try me..
Just Snip, Kaiden and Snip are a no go togther deal (on Snips part.. he loves to brawl) Kaiden went as he is very very well trained and loves all humans. He would happily go home with who ever you hand his leash too and not look back.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Good for you for loving him so. Wish him the best of luck in his new home.

Members online