Bad news for Whiskers

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Vet is 89% sure that Whiskers has Squamous Cell Carcinoma. There's a tumor on the base of her tongue that has absessed and is infected. She's on antibiotics. Vet said it could be nothing and that antibiotics would tell.

It's up to my sister whether she wants to spend the money to see if it is that cancer, but even if it is... radiation can't be done in the mouth and they can't remove her whole tongue.

She's eating fine, she'll be 12 in December and it's a good long life for a very much loved kitty (she's not mine, she's my sisters.) Whisker's eating fine, acting fine. Vet said she could go tomorrow.. a few weeks.. a few months... sometimes up to a year.. there's really no telling. But I hope she either goes in her sleep, or lets us know when her time is up.

Please send vibes for sister.... I don't think she'll handle it well (she's at work, mum's gonna wait until she gets home).

Giny

Good vibes and thoughts sent your way. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear it. ((HUGS))

nancy2394

Poor whiskers. Maybe it will turn out to just be an abscess that will go away with the antibiotics. Healing prayers being sent to whiskers.

Members online