Bobsie - Miss Dignity Herself

Eight years ago, when Bobsie was nine and I was about to turn eighteen, I met her. I knew instantly that she was meant for me, I knew she had to come home with me. She'd been dumped by a family who didn't want her after her first owner had passed away.
Doom was just a puppy at the time, rambunctious and all over the place, and Bobsie, with her quiet dignity corrected softly and trained him to be the dog he is today.
She always knew when I needed her, and would cuddle for hours without so much as a wiggle. She loved to be held like a newborn and have her tummy rubbed. Peanut butter was her favorite thing ever.
Three weeks ago, she was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I kept quiet, hoping it would just go away and leave us alone, but she quickly deteriorated, starting to lose control of her bladder, and waking up crying in the middle of the night after wetting herself.
Last week, I knew it was time. We'd been trying to put weight on her, but nothing was working, and then I saw it in her eyes, the look that says simply "let me go". And so this morning, at 9:30, we did exactly that. Bobsie went over the bridge with as much of that famous dignity still in her soul as I could leave her with, and I am a heart broken, tear soaked mess. This is my favorite picture of Bobsie ever... when we get a printer I will print it and frame it. I will never forget her, the patient, beautiful little lady with the chocolate colored eyes as big as saucers, who never forgot me, even when I was in basic training forever without her.

Zoom took that picture, and I can never thank her enough.

I love you, Bobsie, and I always will. Doom and I miss you already.

If anyone has pictures of Bobsie and is up to sharing, I would love to see them.

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I already said this on facebook and saying it again still isn't enough but... I'm so so very sorry :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
My heart goes out to you. May Bobsie be running free with all our loved ones. Hugs

Thanks everyone. Having a very rough time today as I work next door to the very clinic we took her to. I've already lost it a couple of times today... I'm just ready to go home. :'(

Thanks Bax.
The other dogs have been great about comforting me. I thought by now I would be more toward the OK with this side, but I'm just not. I keep thinking I'm hearing her barking. I can't bring myself to get rid of her bed, her dish, her stairs, her clothes or anything else. I'm starting to wonder if I should be seeking some grief counseling.l

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Thanks Bax.
The other dogs have been great about comforting me. I thought by now I would be more toward the OK with this side, but I'm just not. I keep thinking I'm hearing her barking. I can't bring myself to get rid of her bed, her dish, her stairs, her clothes or anything else. I'm starting to wonder if I should be seeking some grief counseling.l
When Dameon passed away, I kept his cage set up for almost two weeks, I think. I just couldn't bring myself to tear it down. When I finally did, I cried. It's hard. :(

So sorry for your loss.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Your words express how much love and respect you had for her. I am very sorry for your loss. Run free Bobsie. Surely there is a special place in heaven for glorious old girls.

Members online

No members online now.