The Good News thread

Paige

Let it be
Briggs did something he has never done before today. He is playing pretend. He is putting his fake food away in his own kitchen, separated the food that would need to go in the fridge if it was real AND PUT IT IN THE REAL FRIDGE.

I know it sounds silly to be so happy about it but playing pretend was something he couldn't do before and was one of the many reason why the doctor was concerned about him possibly being special needs. Well, kid now plays pretend and even started playing with other kids recently which he also didn't do before. This makes me so happy that at least, even if he has some special needs, he is developing despite it being behind others. He seemed to stuck there for awhile. I'm so happy.

Paige

Let it be
I love how unique he is. He's my first child so its hard for me to say if he is typical or not as I don't really know what is. He certainly is a free spirit and I love how he seems to view things differently than a lot of other children do. I do want to make sure though that if he does have a special need I can learn new skills to better be there for him

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I got a hefty gift card as part of my promotion, and I wanted to get something that would help both businesses... so I finally invested in a refurbushed Acer Iconia tablet. Mostly for work, but for a bit of play, too. :)

Dogs6

Plus One
My mums buying a horse!! Of course it's for her and not for me but since it's a 2 year old and she's not experienced with youngsters we'll see ;)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Interview went decently, I should hear back over the next week or two. It takes a whole for them to get you in an actual position at a school. She's sending me an application in the mean time.

I only work 3 days next week. Hells yes! And I'm off fri, sat, sun this week.

Getting taken to my favorite middle eastern restaurant tomorrow night.

And the guest speaker at last night's writers' workshop can -- and says she's glad to -- show me a road map for making internet writing pay. She also belongs to the Guild, and to one of the groups within the Guild that I've been thinking about joining.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I got the job I interviewed for last week! Which means I can leave the stress of my vet tech job. It's really bittersweet actually. But this job is as an assistant instructor for a before/after school program at an elementary school. We'll see what happens! Dixies Mom, sounds like the same kind of job you're going for? Good luck :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Something, maybe, could be happening in the the not so distant future...if the stars align just the right way. We'll see!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My friend e-mailed me to tell me she has been talking me up to her co-workers and the selection committee... hoping it will at least get me the interview! EEEEEEE.
(I feel kinda bad, I just got a new job and yet I'm still applying somewhere else... but this one is in the field I want, plus it will pay SO much more... so...)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Why thank you :)
Gonna be super weird to quit tomorrow. "Hey, I know you just offered me my 'dream job' less than 48 hours ago and I accepted it, but actually now I need to give my 2 week notice." :ninja: BLINDSIDE!!

But I actually feel my stress alleviating already, knowing that it's almost over. I'm not as freaked out about working tomorrow like I normally am.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Plans are moving smoothly along to go to Worlds! :D Hotel booked and happened upon more good news concerning Worlds (I say good, it is good, but at the same time it's a bit of a let down, too. Good, yet, not ideal? haha)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I got the job I interviewed for last week! Which means I can leave the stress of my vet tech job. It's really bittersweet actually. But this job is as an assistant instructor for a before/after school program at an elementary school. We'll see what happens! Dixies Mom, sounds like the same kind of job you're going for? Good luck :)
How exciting!! I think I got the one I applied for too! She emailed me and said she'd like to go ahead with the hiring process. I'm excited!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They hired a new sales person and she's going around the building making acquaintance with everybody. And I'm all like LOLOLOL I DON'T CARE I WON'T BE HERE IN A WEEK

I like my job a whole lot more when I don't give a (#$*.

Dear Big, Tough Looking Dude at the dog park,

When I told you Pip was shy, and he huffed at you, you squatted down and ignored him while you and I chatted about shy dogs. You continued to ignore him while he gave you a good 360 degree sniffing. Then when he was done sniffing and came up for a pet, you gently scratched him under his chin until he cuddled into you for a good butt scratch.

My shy dog does not get nearly enough of this kind of treatment from strangers. Thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou. Seriously, I cannot thank you enough, from the very bottom of my heart.

Love,
A shy dog's person

Members online

No members online now.