Ten years old

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Ares turns 10 today. I am so not ready for him to be double digits. :(

On the plus side, I think he missed the memo. I woke up this morning to him bouncing around the room and playing like a puppy.

DanL

10 is certainly a milestone. I hope Gunnar is bouncing around at 10. For that matter, I hope Daisy is still around at 10!

Gunnar turns 5 next week. Prime of his life but it gets you thinking about the next few years.

I remember feeling that way when Cheyenne hit 10 years old ... it was such a shocker to think my once wiggly-puppy baby was in double-digits. :yikes:
It does get you thinking ... and yes, you worry about them more.

But still acting puppyish in play is great!! Cheyenne did the same at 10 and well beyond ... and she lived to be over 15 years old and healthy 'til the very end. (Albeit with a joint supplement in the later teens.)

You're gonna worry more ... can't tell ya you won't ... but remember to enjoy him more than worry. Did that with Cheyenne and never regretted a minute.

In the meanwhile, Happy Birthday to you Ares!! You've now reached two whole paws old ... five circles on one paw and five circles on the other!! :D

ACooper

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARES! I hope we get a picture or two of you enjoying your day! *hint hint* ;)

I know what you mean........Phoebe turned 10 this past fall. For her (she's a medium mutt) hopefully that still means she has at least 5-6 years left (normal average speaking) but who knows? :(

10 is certainly a milestone. I hope Gunnar is bouncing around at 10. For that matter, I hope Daisy is still around at 10!

Gunnar turns 5 next week. Prime of his life but it gets you thinking about the next few years.
I hear ya. Orson turns 4 in April, and his breed isn't known for longevity :( Most don't make it to 8, let alone 10, and rarely much longer than that for the ones who do. Is that about how it is for Danes too? :(

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Happy birthday Ares! You doing anything special for him today?
Considering how few things he likes? ;)

About the only things he'd like would be food, working and seeing the malis leave ~ permanently. The last two won't be happening, and I have nothing special to feed him and with the weather don't know if I'll get out to get any. :( He might have to get a belated cheeseburger.

I might crate the malis a little bit today so he can run around without worrying about them.

Snowy

Yeah, happy birthday Ares. Being old is a must, being mature is a choice, even for you. :D Snowy is still a puppy now, he hasn't even had his first birthday. I have no idea how he will look when he turns 10.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Happy Birthday Ares!!!

And I wouldn't worry about his age just yet, corgis seem to live forever :p

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I remember feeling that way when Cheyenne hit 10 years old ... it was such a shocker to think my once wiggly-puppy baby was in double-digits. :yikes:
It does get you thinking ... and yes, you worry about them more.

But still acting puppyish in play is great!! Cheyenne did the same at 10 and well beyond ... and she lived to be over 15 years old and healthy 'til the very end. (Albeit with a joint supplement in the later teens.)

You're gonna worry more ... can't tell ya you won't ... but remember to enjoy him more than worry. Did that with Cheyenne and never regretted a minute.

In the meanwhile, Happy Birthday to you Ares!! You've now reached two whole paws old ... five circles on one paw and five circles on the other!! :D
Thank you so much. That was a great post. I teared up a little reading it, but smiled at the same time. :)

Happy Birthday Ares!!!

And I wouldn't worry about his age just yet, corgis seem to live forever :p
He better!
:eek:

(Although sometimes I didn't think he'd make it to be 10...I've often threatened to shorten his life expectancy.)

Lolas Dad

Perhaps Ares did get the memo about his birthday and read the 10 as being one and was jumping for joy. Could be that he has dyslexia and read the 10 as 01 :lol-sign:

Happy Birthday to him. Lola will be 3 on the 26th.

Doberluv

Happy birthday Ares, you spring chicken, you. I'm glad to hear that he's still a bouncy, happy and healthy guy. It does make us worry though when they get older. Toker is about 9 and so is Chulita....8 or 9 and Jose` is 7. All my dogs are creeping up to old age but still bouncy and healthy too but yeah...it does weigh on your mind sometimes, doesn't it. I hope you all share in a very special birthday. And have many more to come.

Members online

No members online now.